Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2015, 07:42 AM   #1

Problem free year -Wildwood HG 356qbq

Just want to throw out a positive note, just finished up for the year and 2700 miles and no real issues. Just hook up and go, other than routine maintenance and cleaning, that was all I had to do this year. Really like this setup but we are still leaning towards moving into a motorhome. We will see what the spring has for us.

Edit: not trying to run dirt in the faces for those who had big problems, just wanted to throw out that there are positive camping experiences with FR. We usually don't hear too much about those.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:28 AM   #2

Love mine as well. It is in the shop right now getting a couple minor warranty trim issues and our microwave quit and the roof issue that I caused with a run in with a low tree branch but still no complaints. We love the setup.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #3

It's a great setup, to bad that the way it's build doesn't work for full timers
mario_bovio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #4

My thoughts also

I also have a 356 QBQ, and I have no MAJOR complaints. But, since you brought it up, let me tell you some of the minor ones...
  • The wires to the televisions were/are misrouted. I still cannot get a signal at the external coax outlet.
  • The refrigerator is pretty lame. It takes forever to cool things off, and there is no temperature control, so even if I wanted to, I could not make it colder.
  • The AC's are noisy. This is a constant pet peeve, and it seems I have to choose between a conversation, or being cool.
  • The drawers under the dinette are constructed VERY poorly. They are made of rough lumber with just a notch cut out to make them stay in place. They could have done a lot better.
  • The sound from the TV in the main living room can't be routed through the overhead speakers. So, when the AC is on, I have to use the small speakers on the TV, and turn it way up just to hear it.
  • The cheap, cheap, cheap gas grill mounted on the bumper is an insult. I like the idea of a swingout grill, but I gave up on it because the grill is so badly made. I just threw it away after one use. Did I mention it's a piece of junk!
Other than these issues, I think it's a great trailer. I would have preferred having a self leveling system, and have been told that if I put one on it as aftermarket, it might bend the chassis, so I won't do that.
Am really curious what others with this model have to say...
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #5

We pick up ours on Friday. New 2016. Hope all goes well at the PDI and I can bring it home.
AGFazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:16 PM   #6

I also had a similar issue with the refrigerator not cooling off. Come to find out, the light was staying on with the door closed. Fixed the light and the cooling issue was solved. That was the only issue we experienced this past camping season. This has been a great camper!
Camping247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #7

Pluses on this coach is the insane amount of room. I really really like a second bath, although what passes for a tub in the back isn't really a tub, except for babies. My wife LOVES the outside kitchen. I like the remote control for setup, although I would have loved to have a self-leveling system. But for the money, I can live without that.

If you have any ideas about how to get a signal outside, I would love to hear them.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #8

Just had to rub it in, didn't you. Seriously though, it's good to hear from a happy camper.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post
Pluses on this coach is the insane amount of room. I really really like a second bath, although what passes for a tub in the back isn't really a tub, except for babies. My wife LOVES the outside kitchen. I like the remote control for setup, although I would have loved to have a self-leveling system. But for the money, I can live without that.

If you have any ideas about how to get a signal outside, I would love to hear them.

Thanks
What kind of signal?
bhersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:58 AM   #10

I was referring to the fact that I have no coax signal on the outside of the coach. See my previous posts.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhersh View Post
What kind of signal?
I have taken my TV from the living room and placed it on the outside mount and I had signal at the hook up at the mount. I was using park cable at the time. Does this help you at all?
bhersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #12

Thank you. But that's the problem. I have it everywhere else except outside. I looked at the wires inside the compartment under the refrigerator, and the cable that goes to the outside outlet disappears inside the coach walls. I don't know why there is no signal.

Tags
wildwood