Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2017, 07:04 PM   #21

FR should just forget about putting a mattress in, and save most of them ending up in the landfill. Seems like a big waste. Your picture clearly shows why no one has slept more than a few nights on the original mattress. We have a 6 inch foam mattress with a Costco Memory Foam topper now. Wrestling it through the skinny door and into the bedroom was an adventure, but well worth the effort. The shocks in the storage hatch under the bed are now useless, and it makes for some interesting contortions while trying to retrieve anything (while using my head and shoulder to hold the bed up).
Sweet dreams in your new bed.
damann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:14 PM   #22
Site Team

My TT came with a futon mattress that was replaced with a real mattress before the first trip.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTx View Post
WOW !!! That is the poorest excuse for a Mattress I have ever seen !!!
Dog beds are made better than that !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #24

We added the Memory foam topper off of our bed in our old Montana to the bed in the new Crusader. Have no problem with it at all. We spent two months in it in October and never had an issue with the mattress.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:10 AM   #25

I would be afraid to look at the innards of our mattress in out Sunseeker 2500TS !!!
It is a 2 pic !!!
Old 04-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
WOW !!! That is the poorest excuse for a Mattress I have ever seen !!!
Dog beds are made better than that !!!
It was quite a surprise when I unzipped the cover 😡
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTx View Post
It was quite a surprise when I unzipped the cover 😡

Ill bet it was !!!

Old 04-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #28

We got the same POS mattress in our 2016 Apex 249RBS. We found this 11" foam NuForm quilted pillow top short queen at Overstock.com on sale for about $250 delivered. It is firm but very comfortable. It rolls out from a tight wrap, so getting it in the trailer was fairly easy even though it's rather heavy. DW says she sleeps better on it than our $1,500 Serta I-Comfort at home.....and you can't beat the price! Over 30 nights of camping so far and no complaints.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...lg=63&recidx=0
slottere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #29

Typical RV mattress, nothing unusual.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #30
jkoenig24

The Serta mattress that was OEM in my DX3 was the WORST mattress I've ever slept on. I couldn't believe Serta put their name on such a poor mattress. I got a foam mattress from Indiana Bed that is the best mattress I've ever slept on. It's actually more comfortable than the mattress I have at home. I also had the new mattress cut to 60" wide (TRUE standard queen width). I had to stay with the 76" length but, I can now buy STANDARD queen size linens instead of king size linens that were an extremely sloppy fit. Instead of the "eye candy" custom slip cover that is OEM on the bed, I think most buyers would prefer 1 or 2 sets of linens that actually fit the bed. Since removing said custom bed slipcover, it's NEVER been back on the bed and, just takes up space in the under-bed storage area. Dynamax, are you listening????
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:02 PM   #31

I just cant believe Forest River or Coachmen doesnt just spend another 80 whosale for a nice foam mattress instead of paying the 30.00 for a POS mattress. We bought a 8" Memory Foam at Amazon that got great reviews https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and bought a 2" foam topper and put them both on top of the existing mattress for the pefect mattress height. With Egyptian sheets, we now have the perfect RV bed.

Robert from Winnsboro Texas
Coachmen 27QB
robjordan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:20 PM   #32

I must have lucked out. Our mattress is fine but then I like a firm mattress myself.

When you spend half your adult life sleeping on the ground in a tent, any mattress is good.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
The Serta mattress that was OEM in my DX3 was the WORST mattress I've ever slept on. I couldn't believe Serta put their name on such a poor mattress. I got a foam mattress from Indiana Bed that is the best mattress I've ever slept on. It's actually more comfortable than the mattress I have at home. I also had the new mattress cut to 60" wide (TRUE standard queen width). I had to stay with the 76" length but, I can now buy STANDARD queen size linens instead of king size linens that were an extremely sloppy fit. Instead of the "eye candy" custom slip cover that is OEM on the bed, I think most buyers would prefer 1 or 2 sets of linens that actually fit the bed. Since removing said custom bed slipcover, it's NEVER been back on the bed and, just takes up space in the under-bed storage area. Dynamax, are you listening????

I paid extra for a Serta "upgrade" of some sort... the mattress in the old RV was better than the POC we got.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:11 PM   #34

Our OEM short queen mattress is still in it's giant plastic bag, out in the shed. Ready to go back in the trailer if/when we trade it in. We did as suggested above and went to the local mattress chain and picked up a standard queen. Whatever was on sale that day. We also have a topper on that.
MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:05 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyB View Post
Our OEM short queen mattress is still in it's giant plastic bag, out in the shed. Ready to go back in the trailer if/when we trade it in. We did as suggested above and went to the local mattress chain and picked up a standard queen. Whatever was on sale that day. We also have a topper on that.
Good Idea,,, make sure the critters do not get in the bag !!!
Old 05-06-2017, 06:33 AM   #36

We just bought a 12 inch Dynasty Memory foam from Amazon. Glad I didn't open the box until it was in the bedroom. Tried to give the old one away on our local radio trading post, no takers. Good thing today is our local recycling day.
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote