Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #1

Question on the slides, stabilizers, etc

Remote control operater ?

Does it have to be programmed for each trailer ?

We just bought a new Wildwood and the remote, (that we were supposed to get was missing).
I went back to the dealers, and they found one in another Forest river that didn't even have motorized equipment and gave it to me.
When we tried it out, all the little LED's came on, but nothing would work with it.
Then we were guessing that they must be programmed for each particular trailer, or any one walking through the camp ground could operate our awnings, etc.
I plan on going back to the dealers on Monday to ask about it, but thought I could get an answer here

Jack L

PS: if I get answers, thanks in advance. I have trouble negating these forums, and don't know if my "thanks" go through
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #2

I don't know but I would think it has to be programed, did you get anything in your packet about the operation. Maybe he gave you the wrong remote to, I don't trust STEALERS, I mean dealers excuse me...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #3

We look at a new one today, and the remote did not work either. The sales person said that it has to be programmed.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:22 PM   #4

Here is a manual for the push button remote if it is the one you have.

http://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0245.pdf
sddtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:28 PM   #5

We just traded one back in that had the remote jacks. Our remote never worked either and the dealer never could get it to work. When we traded it back in I told him where the remote was in the drawer and he said it didn't matter no one can get them to work anyway. We have some friends who have one as well and theirs has never worked either.
OzarkPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:03 PM   #6

Hit power on button on remote and when buttons start I flash hold the select button until it stops then keep hitting select button until desired function to move is selected. Use mine every time I set up, love it. 2016 wildwood bunkhouse
dukemax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, stabilizers