Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2015, 01:43 PM   #1

Question Regarding Storage Door on Bunks

Hello!
My wife and I are looking at getting our first travel trailer. We found that the triple bunk models generally have the pass though door directly to the bunks. Do these bunks flip up in any capacity to actually make use of this door? How do you guys generally use this door?

Thanks!

SG
spy707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
Aggie Triplet Dad

I just purchased my 26TBSS with triple bunk but haven't camped in it yet. I am pretty sure the bunks don't flip up but you can load stuff onto the bottom bunk through the door.
kfcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #3

That's exactly what we do; load smaller items through the door onto the lower bunk
wehuntf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spy707 View Post
Hello!

My wife and I are looking at getting our first travel trailer. We found that the triple bunk models generally have the pass though door directly to the bunks. Do these bunks flip up in any capacity to actually make use of this door? How do you guys generally use this door?

Thanks!

SG

Our previous trailer had this mini door and I wondered the same thing. The bunk did not fold up, but as the previous posters said you can fit a lot of smaller items in there.
The purpose of that door is not for storage though it is for escape from the rear bunk room, just FYI.

I am assuming you have several kids like I do (5 plus they always want to take friends) look at models with outdoor kitchens. Our first trailer did not have one, we just got our new to us Heritage Glen 312QBUD that has an outdoor kitchen and it is great. It has 3 bunks ( newer model has 2 bunks and 2 fold out chairs). There are several other models with very similar floor plans, just my 2 cents.
Fab 5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bunk, bunks, door, storage