Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #1

Cool Rear ladder mounting locations 2012 WLDWD 24TBSS

I want to install a factory ladder for my 2012 Wildwood 24TBSS. All 2012 Wildwood's are built with the mounting blocking in place even if the trailer was not ordered with a ladder. The dealer had the trailer I wanted in stock but it did not have a roof ladder. They ordered me a factory ladder but they do not install them. Does anyone have a phone number of the "right" forest river factory so I can get the mounting hole location instructions?? I heard my trailer was built in southern California and there are a lot of factory locations and phone numbers. Does anyone have a 2012 24TBSS with a factory ladder that could tell me the mounting hole locations??
Jktwildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

Is it possible for you to find another trailer like yours with a ladder and measure it? Otherwise, you will have to wait for someone on the forum to post that info. Sorry.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #3

Thanks for the idea! I have been trying to find one on a RV lot for sale so I can just go measure the ladder location etc., so far have only found them without ladders.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

I Googled it and looked at approx. 20 and none had the ladder. Thought maybe if I found one you could email or call the dealer and ask if he would measure one. You might try that.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #5

Thanks for trying!, I know they are out there, I have been searching on Google also.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
Another rat in the race

I have a T26BHXL and they didn't put the blocking in for the ladder when I talked to the manufacturer he said its hit and miss whether the blocking is in there on the wildwoods it has to be ordered with the blocking and/or ladder sometimes that gets missed on the order.

I bought a collapsible ladder off flea bay and that seems to work better and be more versatile than a fixed ladder and cheaper to

I think this is the one I bought
Old 05-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

ITS VERY hard to climb a factory ladder any way !

I think jars idea is better .

Ever try to climb a straight up and down ladder with tools in hand ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
Another rat in the race

I for got they make a 15ft one also but the weight rating was less and I needed the uummm heavier duty one for carrying tools ya that's it tools
Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jktwildwood
I want to install a factory ladder for my 2012 Wildwood 24TBSS. All 2012 Wildwood's are built with the mounting blocking in place even if the trailer was not ordered with a ladder. The dealer had the trailer I wanted in stock but it did not have a roof ladder. They ordered me a factory ladder but they do not install them. Does anyone have a phone number of the "right" forest river factory so I can get the mounting hole location instructions?? I heard my trailer was built in southern California and there are a lot of factory locations and phone numbers. Does anyone have a 2012 24TBSS with a factory ladder that could tell me the mounting hole locations??
I contacted FR about the same issue and was told that if the trailer didn't have a ladder when it left the factory, then no blocks were installed for installing one. The dealer tpld me just the opposite? Who do you believe? Just becareful... I contacted the FR factory in Dallas Oregon by email. That is where my Wildwood tt was built...
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I wouldnt trust that there's mounting blocks in place.
Id suggest moving on to an alternate option.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
Another rat in the race

It was probably built in Colton/Rialto CA. Same as mine its about a 20 minute drive and that's exactly what I did when I wanted to know. I talked to the "foreman" for the "line" in person and he told me what I stated before. But honestly he wasn't hopeful that any of them without ladders had blocking. Then when I looked at the price of ladders (with someone else's liability on the quality of installation). then I thought of the foreman's statement of, if a ladder is falling off 10 to 1 it was installed after the factory. I decided, I can find a place to store a collapsible one. We use our trailer about once a month so covering never seems to happen so a ladder is just for maintenance away from home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar3316 View Post
I have a T26BHXL and they didn't put the blocking in for the ladder when I talked to the manufacturer he said its hit and miss whether the blocking is in there on the wildwoods it has to be ordered with the blocking and/or ladder sometimes that gets missed on the order.

I bought a collapsible ladder off flea bay and that seems to work better and be more versatile than a fixed ladder and cheaper to

I think this is the one I bought