Old 10-07-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
Hev

Replacement Camper

We took delivery of a new 2017 Heritage Glen Ultra Lite in March 2017. Have had multiple problems with it, have actually only had it actually in our possession probably about 2 months since delivery as it has been back at the dealer for repairs so much. Rain leak on slide took 3 return visits to repair, satelite hook up did not work and they had to run new cable, remote control for slide did not work (I could go on). Latest issue is an underbelly that is somehow leaking water, poured out as we were leaving for a trip. We've lost hundreds in trip cancellations, not to mention now can only imagine the water damage to the underbelly insulation and wiring etc. we are fed up with this unit, and am ready to demand a replacement or money back. Dealer says "that doesn't happen". They just have to fix it if within warranty. Anyone had experience with a lemon trailer and getting either their money back or replacement? Were about ready to get lawyered up - can't begin to imagine what this camper is gonna be like 5 years down the line.

Hev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #2

The dealer didn't build it. They just sold it. Contact the manufacturer and see what they will do for you.
But, the dealer should have tested out the repair on the leaky slide seal. The return trips for that are the dealer's fault.
Get a free consult with a lawyer, just for grins, and information.

otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #3

Rvs power sports(mopeds motorcycles atvs ect) boats ect are not covered under lemon laws
Your warranty is all you have to get it fixed
Jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:08 PM   #4
Hev

Yeah I know Lemon Laws don't apply but I saw there are a couple of other laws on the books that may - Magnuson/Moss being one of them. Just curious if anyone had had any luck with Forest River ever replacing a unit without getting a lawyer involved.
Hev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #5
Site Team

If I lived where you do, I'd take it back to the factory.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #6

Speaking as a tech that does warranty work

under warranty claims I am only allowed to replace or fix what ever the manufacture approves
Yes some times that means I have to make multiple trips becuase I know that parts a b and c are all more then likely bad and causing an issue but if the manufacture says replace part and and retest if it works for the time then that's all I am allowed to replace
Heck some times even when I tell them I have a replacement part on my truck to In stall I have to wait for them to send the exact part they want installed

You mention talking to the dealer have you talked to the manufacture (this is where I luck out at times as I am providing warranty service on equipment that is owned by the company I work for so I can advocate as an owners rep) remember your dealer can not autorize replacement only the manufacture
Jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hev View Post
We took delivery of a new 2017 Heritage Glen Ultra Lite in March 2017. Have had multiple problems with it, have actually only had it actually in our possession probably about 2 months since delivery as it has been back at the dealer for repairs so much. Rain leak on slide took 3 return visits to repair, satelite hook up did not work and they had to run new cable, remote control for slide did not work (I could go on). Latest issue is an underbelly that is somehow leaking water, poured out as we were leaving for a trip. We've lost hundreds in trip cancellations, not to mention now can only imagine the water damage to the underbelly insulation and wiring etc. we are fed up with this unit, and am ready to demand a replacement or money back. Dealer says "that doesn't happen". They just have to fix it if within warranty. Anyone had experience with a lemon trailer and getting either their money back or replacement? Were about ready to get lawyered up - can't begin to imagine what this camper is gonna be like 5 years down the line.
Contact the factory and make arrangements to deliver back to the factory to get a resolution. The factory does these kind of things. Do not go to the mat just yet, see if the factory will work with you. The dealer you have is bogus based on what you stated.

Do not look to get get your lost camping fees from the factory. Get the thing fixed first and foremost prior to getting your evens. You may be happy that way...
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #8
Fulltime family RVer

The only camper returns that Iíve ever seen happen are because the owners threatened legal action against the manufacturer. The MFR tried a factory return to fix the issues and when still not satisfactory, they arranged for a dealer to take the camper in on a trade (at a huge loss for the dealer) and then got the owners into a new camper.

Details are vague as these often come with gag orders where the owners arenít allowed to publicly talk about it.

That said- legal talk and lawyer discussions arenít allowed on the forum.

Step 1 is for you to contact the factoryís warranty rep. Donít mention legal action right away or youíll be sent to the lawyers and that changes the ballgame.

Be nice. My camper went back 3 times and ultimately I (and it) are happy campers. I ended up with a great relationship with the warranty manager who helped me when little stuff showed up later.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:00 AM   #9

Sound advice from Ependydad!

CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, replacement