Old 05-26-2015, 11:49 PM   #1
Go Pack Go!!

RV Washer/Dryer Combo Wildwood

So-

Looking for the best recommendation for washer/dryer combo for a Wildwood Park Model I just purchased. Choices include Dometic (not vented, not too interested based on reviews), Splendide W2100XC (vented/ventless) or Pinnacle 18-4000 (vented/ventless).

I am trying for the best one that the wife will like. Any feedback is appreciated based on experience. The way it looks from what I have seen, the Pinnacle looks to be the better of all, but I am curious if anyone has experience with them or would recommend another model. If there is a different MFR out there, I would love to know about it. Max depth of the appliance would be abou 22 5/8". It will be in the closet prepped for W/D.

Thanks in advance for your help. Looking to purchase within a month or so.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:25 AM   #2

We have a pair of Whirlpool separates (vented dryer of course) and love them. We had a vented Splendide Combo before, drying took forever and the laundry always came out wrinkled. Not sure if there are big differences between manufacturers.

Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:55 AM   #3
Go Pack Go!!

What was the depth of your appliances? We got about 22 5/8" max to play with for the depth.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:04 AM   #4

Couldn't tell you of the top of my head but 22" sounds about right.
Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #5
Canadian Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by codespy View Post
So-

Looking for the best recommendation for washer/dryer combo for a Wildwood Park Model I just purchased. Choices include Dometic (not vented, not too interested based on reviews), Splendide W2100XC (vented/ventless) or Pinnacle 18-4000 (vented/ventless).

I am trying for the best one that the wife will like. Any feedback is appreciated based on experience. The way it looks from what I have seen, the Pinnacle looks to be the better of all, but I am curious if anyone has experience with them or would recommend another model. If there is a different MFR out there, I would love to know about it. Max depth of the appliance would be abou 22 5/8". It will be in the closet prepped for W/D.

Thanks in advance for your help. Looking to purchase within a month or so.
Hello, we have the Ariston ARWDF129NA washer/dryer combination and love it. We are only two people, and I can do a small load every day and keep way ahead of the laundry. People say that these machines do not dry well, but if one keeps the loads small and takes the clothes out when the signal advises the wash is done, the clothes dry in about a minute when laid out on the bed for a few minutes as you smoothe them out. (I use the one hour cycle 90% of the time for the wash/dry).

This machine is shown in my book as 22" deep, 23.4" wide, and 33.24" high.

One thing we found shortly after we purchased ours was that the dial should be turned always in the same direction, and slowly. We turn ours clockwise all the time now (we had to replace it - warranty was still in place). Turn slowly and gently and you should have no problems. This probably applies to most of these types of machines, I suspect.

We have had our machine for over two years now and it gets used almost daily, and sometimes up to four times a day if necessary. It will wash 2 to 15 lbs. and dry 2 to 11 lbs. I seldom do those sizes of loads. I would rather do my "hour at a time" load than have to go to the dreaded laundromat ever again lol!

I forgot to add that this is a non-vented model that we have. We have no problems with that whatsoever.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #6
Go Pack Go!!

Thanks for the input. Good information.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
Senior Member - Retired

We have a Pinnacle 18-4000 in our Georgetown MH. It is a combo (washer & dryer) unit. The dryer function can be set up as either ventless or vented. We have an external vent so we have it set up as vented. Even though the advertised capacity is thirteen pounds, small loads are the key along with a bit of patience. Not as fast a doing laundry at home, but so convenient when camping especially at a lake or the beach.

Super Combo Washer/Dryer | Pinnacle RV Appliances
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #8

Washer/ dyer question

There are many brands and many people who complain about this or that, from my own history and books I have read, always go with a vented unit, will dry much quicker, and dries better. As for wrinkles most people put to many clothes in the machine, and use to much soap, both add the this issue.
All the rv models (euro models) you do not use much soap, and with the small drum you have to do small loads (not your over sized home model) Also you can get the book (Wrinkle free, rv laundry by Sandra E. Jones) and this will walk you step by step as to how to use and more important what not to do!
As for brands the Splendid and the Artisan both seem to be great brands and I think will do fine for your use.
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #9

Where are you ? I have a Splendide ventless w/d combo for sale...will sell for $500.00. Silver... Used very little. Excellent shape. Silver
Replaced with separate units...
Old 05-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #10
Go Pack Go!!

Located in Wisconsin....

I would be interested, but I am able to get a vent from the washer room to the outside. From all the research and reading I have done, the vented units seem to dry a little better, so I will probably lean towards a vented unit. I appreciate the offer though.

It looks like the choices are down to the Pinnacle or Splendide. Artisan appears to be made by Splendide, and I do not know of any other brands out there unless I missed one. The Dometic is only ventless, so that won't be an option.

Thanks for all the input. I am having the dealer move the drain piping from in front of the back wall to the corner of the closet. This will add more depth to the closet, as currently there is only 21" available between the drain pipe to the closet door.

Tags
wildwood