Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2017, 05:58 AM   #81

Nice! On my todo list.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:18 AM   #82

Salem / Wildwood 368RLBHK

Latest thing I did was install jt strong arms, boy what a difference. If any of you are looking to better stabilize your fiver, you can't go wrong with a set of xchocks and jt strong arm kit. Thing is unbelievable sturdy. I used tripods in the past and can't believe how much better job the stabilizers do. What even better is I was one of the skeptical ones who thought, no way those bars can do a better job than the tripod. Well I am pleasantly surprised how sturdy and easy to install and operate they are. Ps Anybody want to buy my tripod?
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:28 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
Latest thing I did was install jt strong arms, boy what a difference. If any of you are looking to better stabilize your fiver, you can't go wrong with a set of xchocks and jt strong arm kit. Thing is unbelievable sturdy. I used tripods in the past and can't believe how much better job the stabilizers do. What even better is I was one of the skeptical ones who thought, no way those bars can do a better job than the tripod. Well I am pleasantly surprised how sturdy and easy to install and operate they are. Ps Anybody want to buy my tripod?
Is it this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-19102...bilizer+system

How does it work? After you extend the jacks tighten the bars to lock them?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:55 AM   #84

Salem / Wildwood 368RLBHK

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1562.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	150035

Yes basically you just tighten the T handles tight, after getting all setup. And remember to loosen them before you retract the legs.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1563.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	150036
Old 08-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #85

Quote:
I have the SteadyFast stabilizers. I also use a screw type jack at the frame in the vicinity of entry steps. Solid as a rock. JT and SteadyFast are both good products. I went with the SteadyFast because it stabilizes front and rear.

http://www.steadyfast.com
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #86

Quote:
Attachment 150035

Yes basically you just tighten the T handles tight, after getting all setup. And remember to loosen them before you retract the legs.Attachment 150036

I have this exact same set up and it works GREAT!
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH (sold)
DNA111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:27 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA111 View Post
I have this exact same set up and it works GREAT!
I third this setup. Highly recommend the X-chocks and the JT Strongarms.

I recently replaced the steps on the RV with TorkLift GlowStep Revolution steps 25 7/16" width. I considered the MORryde StepAbove, but didn't like lifting potentially wet/dirty steps into the RV interior, and didn't want to leave a big hole in the lower skirt where the old steps were, or having to leave the old steps in place.

It was a quick install, but I did need someone to help remove the old and hold up the new steps while tightening the bolts. I needed the torklift spacers as well to make it fit where the old steps were. The new steps are super stable, much more secure feeling and have better grip when it's wet. Our small dogs easily climb up the new steps. They struggled with the original steps.

Anyhow, highly recommend the TorkLift steps. Stable and looks like very durable construction.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	steps-1.png
Views:	92
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	150042   Click image for larger version

Name:	steps-2.png
Views:	87
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	150043   Click image for larger version

Name:	steps-old.png
Views:	89
Size:	707.3 KB
ID:	150044  
Gonyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:29 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonyoda View Post
I third this setup. Highly recommend the X-chocks and the JT Strongarms.

I recently replaced the steps on the RV with TorkLift GlowStep Revolution steps 25 7/16" width. I considered the MORryde StepAbove, but didn't like lifting potentially wet/dirty steps into the RV interior, and didn't want to leave a big hole in the lower skirt where the old steps were, or having to leave the old steps in place.

It was a quick install, but I did need someone to help remove the old and hold up the new steps while tightening the bolts. I needed the torklift spacers as well to make it fit where the old steps were. The new steps are super stable, much more secure feeling and have better grip when it's wet. Our small dogs easily climb up the new steps. They struggled with the original steps.

Anyhow, highly recommend the TorkLift steps. Stable and looks like very durable construction.

Love the steps!! That'll be my next upgrade. The current stock steps are pretty high for my 2yo boy.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #89

Hatchlift storage door upgrade

At the same time as replacing the steps, I also installed a few sets of Hatchlift.com gas struts for the storage doors on the passenger side. I ordered 4 sets of the "medium" strut for 28-32" tall doors.

Install is a bit time consuming, but relatively easy. Included directions are good, and it came with all the bits I needed except for a bunch of tiny washers.

When mounting the bracket, you sort of glue it and screw it to the inside of the door. However, the storage bay doors are just as thick as the screws are long. I could see the screws making dimples from the outside, so I used small thin washers to prevent damage to the outside of the doors.

For the rear kitchen door, I had to move the fridge over an inch or so. Remove a bracket to pull out the fridge (swap the door to open the right way!) then re-mount both brackets over an inch. It was kind of a pain, but worth it.

So, now the storage doors stay closed when they're down, and stay in position when they're up. No more worry about those little clips breaking and the door smashing me in the head.

Also bonus: I made the door over the rear fridge go close to 90 degrees so it's sort of like a roof. Gives me a (small) place to stand near the outside grill while grilling in the rain.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	hatchlift-1.png
Views:	88
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	150045   Click image for larger version

Name:	hatchlift-2.png
Views:	88
Size:	767.0 KB
ID:	150046   Click image for larger version

Name:	hatchlift-3.png
Views:	85
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	150047  
Old 08-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #90

Quote:
Love the steps!! That'll be my next upgrade. The current stock steps are pretty high for my 2yo boy.
Yep, I forgot to mention that the new steps are much more natural feeling and at a much lower height. The original 3 step always felt way too high and too big of a rise. These new steps are much more normal feeling.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
I have the SteadyFast stabilizers. I also use a screw type jack at the frame in the vicinity of entry steps. Solid as a rock. JT and SteadyFast are both good products. I went with the SteadyFast because it stabilizes front and rear.

http://www.steadyfast.com

My jt strong arm kit came with rear stabilizers as well
Old 08-29-2017, 07:31 PM   #92

Quote:
My jt strong arm kit came with rear stabilizers as well
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #93

Got ours back from the dealer with all the punchline items taken care of.

In Pigeon Forge for the weekend, found one of the bedroom slide wipers doesn't make contact all the way up the edge of the slide.
I guess it must be the slide out of adjustment.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #94

Remote control fuse box

So there is more than one fuse box in our RV. There are fuses for the remote control that operates the slides/stabilizers. An earlier post on this thread seems to indicate that the fuses are under the fridge. Mine aren't. Mine is in the basement, adjacent to the furnace. A few screws hold the basement wall in place and then you can crawl in there and replace the fuses.

Since I'm sure you're wondering, there are two 30 amp fuses for the front landing jacks. One is in the wiring loom at the "roof" of the front storage compartment. The other is in the additional fuse box I discovered. If you accidentally press the remote control AND the switch at the same time, you'll likely blow both fuses. Like I did.

Hope this helps!

So, how do you raise or lower the landing jacks if you blow fuses or otherwise lose power?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	remote_fuses.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	154808   Click image for larger version

Name:	remote_fuses_location.png
Views:	98
Size:	737.8 KB
ID:	154809  
Old 10-23-2017, 01:47 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonyoda View Post
So there is more than one fuse box in our RV. There are fuses for the remote control that operates the slides/stabilizers. An earlier post on this thread seems to indicate that the fuses are under the fridge. Mine aren't. Mine is in the basement, adjacent to the furnace. A few screws hold the basement wall in place and then you can crawl in there and replace the fuses.

Since I'm sure you're wondering, there are two 30 amp fuses for the front landing jacks. One is in the wiring loom at the "roof" of the front storage compartment. The other is in the additional fuse box I discovered. If you accidentally press the remote control AND the switch at the same time, you'll likely blow both fuses. Like I did.

Hope this helps!

So, how do you raise or lower the landing jacks if you blow fuses or otherwise lose power?
Open the battery access door (pass side) and look straight back above battery box. You'll see a hole. You should have a tool that fits into the hole and engage the pins on the landing gear shaft. You then crank away!!!

Name:	IMG_20171023_134105004_HDR.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	154822
Old 10-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
Open the battery access door (pass side) and look straight back above battery box. You'll see a hole. You should have a tool that fits into the hole and engage the pins on the landing gear shaft. You then crank away!!!

Attachment 154822
Rear stabilizers same thing. Put the tool on the shaft on the driver side
Old 11-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #97

Probably a dumb question, but does anyone know what the piece of water line tubing with the white plastic shut off is for? Right wall by water hose hookups. I know the red one is wh bypass. But can’t think of what the other is.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 PM   #98

Quote:
Probably a dumb question, but does anyone know what the piece of water line tubing with the white plastic shut off is for? Right wall by water hose hookups. I know the red one is wh bypass. But can’t think of what the other is.

It’s the control valve to draw from the winterizing hose
Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 PM   #99

I believe that is a block valve from the fresh water tank to the water pump but can’t quite remember
jwlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:02 PM   #100

Quote:
It’s the control valve to draw from the winterizing hose

It is ? Heck I pumped antifreeze through and didn’t even pay attention, but it was shutoff. So that must be why I didn’t have any problems. Thx guys

Tags
salem, wildwood