Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #1

Shake Down for New 2014 WWX-Lite

Good Afternoon,

Our shakedown camping experience went well ONLY a few issues:
Fixed Bubbles in outside decals and on rubber roof needed to be rolled down so the adhesive stuck to the roof where it should have been from the factory..

The electric Jacks we were supposed to get on our 221RBXL were not on our rig when delivered.. Forest River said not an option on our TT but we were charged for them.. 650 Plus $$ Now we're trying to work this issue out before seeking legal action..

30 AMP Cord:
Another issue was our 25 foot 30 AMP cord was a twisted up so bad in knots I could only get around 8 feet out of the storage port.. Had to remove the outside door to get the knots out, Now we have 25 feet of usable cord.

Water on the Bathroom Floor:
The Seal between the flat walls joining the tub/shower floor Silicon Calk seperated replaced with shower 90* plastic seal.. come on FR lets think outside the box!!

The shower drain was crossed threaded so had to remove all drain pipe assemble outside of little access door and place back in making sure this time it was tight and straight..
Replaced the indoor bright lights with 206's much better on the eyes!
Trekcyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Site Team

While overall your shakedown trip sounds successful I am sorry to hear about the fix-it issues. I would recommend keeping on top of the missing stab jacks with your dealer since they took your payment. They can deal with FR on their end. My dealer added stab jacks to my unit while it was on the lot so your dealer might be able to do the same (without charging you again).

It also sounds like your dealer might not had given the best PDI based on what you discovered. Hopefully the next trip will be 100% enjoyment.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #3

Well Just found out that some of the water dripping from the rear of the wheel well on the drivers side/ shower side was the drain line for the fridge! What? The drip tube was meant to drip on the inside top lip of the fridge housing. Thought we had another shower leek!! I re-engineered the drip line the right way and extended it so it drips outside the vented door! What are you thinking FR? Wet wood, mold etc.. NOT GOOD.. Also found loose water lines on the rear of shower faucet.. dripping down the inside wall..
The plastic nuts that hold the faucets to the shower wall on the rear were loose as a goose too and leaking!!!!
Dealer prep for 680.00 was very well spent! Yeah right!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #4

Still getting a hard time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
While overall your shakedown trip sounds successful I am sorry to hear about the fix-it issues. I would recommend keeping on top of the missing stab jacks with your dealer since they took your payment. They can deal with FR on their end. My dealer added stab jacks to my unit while it was on the lot so your dealer might be able to do the same (without charging you again).

It also sounds like your dealer might not had given the best PDI based on what you discovered. Hopefully the next trip will be 100% enjoyment.
Well, still fighting with both the dealer and Forest River.. They say our coach can't have power Stab Jacks because of the location of our holding tanks! But we paid for them and now they say with it not included the retail price stayed the same! So no jacks and the price stays the same, WHAT?? No 650.00 Option and no reduction of retail price! What are we idiots?

Very confusing seeing we have the manual ones on there! I think we're really getting the run around fir some unknown reason.. This is Not right especially after we supported them with a purchase.. Looks like the Better Business Bureau letter might be in order misleading consumers.