Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #1

Slide out disaster

So today we put out $900 on our 2 yr old 263 xl to have our slide out controller box and motor replaced . Apparently our mechanic said forest river put it on upside down!! He found wood chips, metal inside it and trapped water due to the sealed top pocket being on top instead of bottom. We are building our case and wanted to see if anyone else has ever heard of this?
Robercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:23 PM   #2

Have you contacted FR about this? Pics and statement from the mechanic would help.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:24 PM   #3

Slide out disaster

Got statement and all materials. Called and left messages. Our RV dealer feels they owe us explanation and maybe more.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #4

Keep plugging away. Having the backing off the dealer should help. They aren't some "shade tree mechanic". They are representatives of the manufacturer by default.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #5

Thank you!
Old 11-01-2017, 07:30 PM   #6

I would definitely speak with them before mentioning a lawyer. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

As a business owner, as soon as one of my customers talks of a lawyer, I'm done helping and talking to them. Threats get them nowhere. I'm sure FR monitors these boards.

Just my $0.02
Old 11-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalich View Post
I would definitely speak with them before mentioning a lawyer. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

As a business owner, as soon as one of my customers talks of a lawyer, I'm done helping and talking to them. Threats get them nowhere. I'm sure FR monitors these boards.

Just my $0.02
this makes sense
Old 11-01-2017, 07:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalich View Post

Just my $0.02

I agree. The mechanic and our dealer feel FR will do the right thing. I have left messages inviting them to contact me so we can discuss the issue. I have faith they will investigate how this occurred and make changes that keep their customers safe and happy.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #9

Slide out disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by toslow View Post
this makes sense

Agreed. We hope they will talk to us.
( but we are Flyers fans so who knows)
Old 11-01-2017, 08:07 PM   #10

I'm a BRUINS fan, originally from Nova Scotia. Lots of history between the two places

Tags
slide, slide out