Old 07-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #1

Slide Out Problem

I own a 2010 Wildwood 31QBSSLE Travel Trailer that I bought new. It has been very reliable. However, two weeks ago and today the slide out gave me some problems. When I hit the button to open the slide out, I got a grinding sound and it would not open. The episode Two weeks ago the slide did finally open but this time it would not. I went under the unit and where one can open the slide manually is where the noise is coming from.

It closes fine but when I try to open, it puts out the grinding noise that I did not want to run long for fear of stripping something

Has anyone had this problem or can anyone offer some advice.

I just joined the forum today, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Old 07-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What your hearing is the slip clutch.
Normally you'll only hear it when you fully extend.
Try pushing on slide out as you open once.
Slideout may be sticking and need some lube.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #3

Thank you for your input.
I did lubricate the rails when this happened the first time two weeks ago. Is there anywhere else I need to lub?

Also I noticed the the mechanism that is making the noise has an end conector (for manual opening) that spins a good deal as the grinding occurs. I see 4 screws on the cover but did not want to start opening the device. Any thoughts on that matter? Such as what is in there or any adustment points?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #4

Did you ever figure out your problem? I am having the exact same problem now with my Wildwood.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyt View Post
Did you ever figure out your problem? I am having the exact same problem now with my Wildwood.
Hello Mollyt.

Yes, I had Ocean Lakes (Where I store the camper) look at it, and they lubricated the rail and realigned what the called a slide guide. Cost $75 and it works fine now.

Mike
Old 10-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #6

Unhappy Slide out problems

We have a 2002 Wildwood 5th wheel, bought it used and have no manual. Went to close trailer Saturday and the slide out would not go in. Since we are seasonals and do not move camper do not have to slide in and out all the time, just in spring and fall. it acted like it was running on battery only, lights dimmed in living area, I had to push it in as wife pushed the switch. We will deal with it in spring since campground is closed for season, any ideas? Anyone know where the manual over ride is? 27 ft.