Old 02-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #11

Ok-that makes sense. I will double ck with the dealer on the HWT and the Fridge. I don't plan on retracting the slides too often. When I do, I will hook the Generator to the Lodge.

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #12
Head Rambler

As mentioned above your fridge requires 12 volt power to operate the controls. Older fridges didn't. Since you don't have electricity I'd get a large solar charger to keep the battery charged. Otherwise you'll be hauling that generator out more than you want to. Also letting the battery completely discharge will ruin it in short order.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #13

My two cents...

ES335:

Love your handle. Do you play an ES335?

We have a Wildwood TT and we leave our slideout out full time, unless there is a hurricane nearby, in which case, we install the cover we bought from CampingWorld.

We do EXERCISE the slideout periodically by running it in and out, while lubricating the hydraulic extenders with some silicone spray lubricant. So far, knock on wood, no problems.

Our slideout cover does indeed sag. Not sure HOW to adjust that. It was collecting a lot of rain water, so we put multiple half-inflated beachballs underneath it to keep it propped up, at the suggestion of a local RV tech guy.

Would love to have someone tell me HOW to adjust the slack in the slider canopy.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #14

walk the walk,
I absolutely do own an es335 (along with a number of other models). The term "play" might be a stretch but I do bend the occassional string-blues being my favorite genre. Country would be a close second.
I wondered about the sag issue as well. If I find a solution, I will share. Most dealers and owners have told me it is no problem to leave the slides open. Most also have the same process that you do-exercise/lubrication. I have heard that heavy snow can be an issue. However, I see quite a few open with well over 1 foot of snow on top.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I saw a show a few years back, believe it was on RV Today, where a few of the seasonal campers left their slides out all the time. They cut pices of 2" thick styrofoam from 4x8 panels from HD or Lowes, stacked and glued them together high enough to support the toppers on their slide outs. It added next to no weight on the slide out and kept the topper taunt so the rain just ran off. At the end of the season they just stored the pieces inside.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I saw a show a few years back, believe it was on RV Today, where a few of the seasonal campers left their slides out all the time. They cut pices of 2" thick styrofoam from 4x8 panels from HD or Lowes, stacked and glued them together high enough to support the toppers on their slide outs. It added next to no weight on the slide out and kept the topper taunt so the rain just ran off. At the end of the season they just stored the pieces inside.
cfoistman,
I wanted to let you know I took your advice. I bought four 8' x 2" foam insulation boards. There was enough material to make topper supports for both slides (main slide is around 22 ft long). They work SUPER .
Thanks for passing along the idea!!!!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by es335 View Post
cfoistman,
I wanted to let you know I took your advice. I bought four 8' x 2" foam insulation boards. There was enough material to make topper supports for both slides (main slide is around 22 ft long). They work SUPER .
Thanks for passing along the idea!!!!
Great to hear they worked out so well for you. See, we can learn something on TV. RV Today was a nice show to check out. They showed different destinations and some helpful tips from fellow Rvers. I don't think any stations are carrying it currently. Glad I could help.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #18
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I leave my slides out all summer. In the Fall, I wash the tops, clean the gutters and put them inside. It's get miserably cold and snowy here. Most people where we camp also put in their slides.
Congrats and happy camping! (if you can call it camping!)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood