Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #1

Squeaky floor in a 2013 xlite 281qb and towing question

Hello all new to forum, this my first post. Bought it new this spring and after a week or so the floor started squeaking. Took it back to the dealer and personally contacted wildwood. The dealer said we will fix it this winter for you. Anyone else have any issues like this? Also I have been playing with the WDH and finally added another swaycontrol to keep this thing from blowing around. I am not new to hauling heavy loads or long enclosed trailers but thing seems extra squirly. My tow vehicle is a 2006 cummins megacab 4x4. And I use a 1200 lb hitch setup. Only other thought is it is just light,(5700 lbs) and its gonna blow around from time to time. Thanks - josh
Ohiofitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #2

I don't have that trailer, but ultralights use a sandwiched floor system. 1/4 luan, foam insulation, another layer if 1/4" our so ply. If any of the adhesive stars to fail, you will get squeaks. If not that, then it is just a point that isn't fastened well enough to the frame.
As for the squirreliness while towing. Keep your speed under 65(that's all the tires are rated for) , and set your wdh according to the manual. After that, its trial and error. But yes, it is a big ole sale back there.
Joel
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #3

Have a Flagstaff 5th wheel Super lite or something like that, and this weekend tracing out the black tank purge system, looks like it has 1/2 in. plywood at least under the bathroom sink anyhow.
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote