Old 08-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Stationary 2010 Signature Ultra Lite - Newbies

New owners of a 2010 Wildwood Signature Ultra Lite. It is stationary on a lot at the beach. While we did get a packet of paperwork with an owners manual, there's nothing in there that really gives you a decent description of all of the features and functions - not to mention even the locations of items. I can't even find a description of the control panel inside the main door that has switches for the water heater, water pump, etc. I was told by the seller that when leaving for a week or so I should turn off the water, the gas, and the water heater. Flipped the switch on this panel for the water heater and it turned blue and a little red light with some unknown acronym beside it came on too. So I put it back the way it was. I really need to know what to do for temporary leaves of absence and winterization. Some of this I suppose I can find on youtube but much of it is for different makes/models. There is a dealer close by that I could ask to give me the grand tour - for a fee I'm sure.

Just looking for hints, tips, etc. on finding the info I need. For instance I thought the light bulbs burned awfully hot and wanted to replace them with LEDs but didn't think to bring one back with me from our first weekend - which was mostly rain.

metincit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
On the exterior of the camper look for a metal grate with 1/4 turn flip fasteners. This should be your access to your hot water heater. There is generally a rocker switch inside down low to turn off the electric side of the hot water. Turning off the gas is just turning off the propane to it. The interior switches are typically to operate to gas side of the hot water heater. If you have the HW heater with the quick recovery you can use both electric and gas to make it work faster.

Should look something similar to this...

2016 Forester 3171DS Class C Motorhome
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Toad
1993 Mustang 5.0 Notch 5-speed
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
Water Heater Issue

Thanks for the info and the pic. Unfortunately it's about 2 hours from here so I can only tinker and explore when I'm at the beach. They really don't supply the best documentation on where to find things and how to operate them in various situations.
metincit is offline   Reply With Quote