Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #1

Thinking about purchasing 2010 Wildwood 26 BH XL

My wife and I are going to be purchasing a travel trailor for the first time and would like to get some honest feedback from the "experienced users" out there...
Owners that have this particular model can you tell us if you are happy with this make and model? Any pro's and/or con's you can share? Any options that you wish you had purchased or ones that you could do without?
We love the idea of the bunk beds for the kids (ages 10 & 8), would like to know how your experience with the bunk beds have been...
We like this particular model for the privacy option for the bedroom as well and that is has the couch and dinette area for extra sitting and sleep space.

We certainly want to stick within this price range as we are first time buyers so any feedback you can provide would be great!
dtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to pjeffreysr1
DW and I bought one from RV Wholesalers in Oct 09 (2010 model) and love it. We lost our cute little 2280 PUP to a neighbor - at 80 mph (high on pain killers). Haven't had it out byet. Going to Gatlinburg abt 04-17. with 2 of our kids and their spouses. Let you know when we get back.
pjeffreysr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #3

We recently bought a Wildwood 31QBSS with the four bunk in the back and have rented other bunk bed trailers.....LOVE THEM!!!....the kids think it's the greatest, it really is the perfect setup IMHO for those traveling with little ones.
Equalizer Hitch
OSCBRADLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 PM   #4

wildwood is a great entry level buy, check out ? for great deals on wildwood.
commander ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #5

We purchased a well used Wildwood several years ago. We have two boys now 11 and 13. The floor plan has been great. I really wanted a rear lounge but, being able to send the kids to bed and them have semi-privacy while others are still up has been great. We've used it a lot for local camping at the beach and desert. We pull it "semi-offroad" going to camping sites in the desert. From Southern California, we've pulled it to Zion twice, Arches, Deadhorse, etc. It tows well. I've taken out a pine-tree and a gas pump. [We bought it well used because we didn't want to care if the kids trashed it, I think I've done more damage myself. ]

It has been the right trailer for us.
Tsilatipac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #6

I bought a 27' RBEC last year and towed it about 3,000 miles. One thing no one told me about nor did I research was the tires. They put Carlisle ST tires on my unit from the factory. They were load range C and are only rated to 65mph. I found that they were cupping very bad and had them balanced. 1 tire was so bad I had to use the spare and put the bad one on the bumper. I would highly recommend that you either spend the money or try and barter an upgrade of tires to at least a load range D and anything but Carlisle tires. IMHO.

I would have definately changed, had I known what I know today. Other than that we love our TT.

Pat
MacDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #7

Back from Gatlinburg, TN. Handled great; everybody slept great. Only one problem - trip not long enough. Our son and his new ride are comong in today with the rig. He said it has handled well - even in the winds on I40 and I81. Loves the Equali-zer hitch,too. Can't praise thr rig or RVW too much.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #8

We have a triple bunk 26 footer and like it a lot. When I looked at the 26BHXL floorplan, I noticed it doesn't have a slide. Take it from me (and prolly all the other parents out there), you will regret getting a model without a slide. One of the side effects of feeding those lil' ones is they get bigger. Sure, on an ideal trip the weather cooperates and you're not in the trailer too much. However, sometimes, the weather turns sour and you're stuck inside watching TV / DVD. Even when settling down for the night or simply relaxing in the trailer, the family will want more room in there. I really like our "super-slide" and the price difference is not that much.

2006 Avalanche 1500 w/6" lift
2007 Suburban 2500 4x4 w/4" lift
2008 Salem 26TBSS
P3 Controller
4 lil' ones & a Hottie for a wife
TravelSoftballDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #9

I agree with the last comment. I have 3 bunks and 3 kids. Kids love the bunks and so do we. Can't imagine not having the slide tho....a must have!
dharri770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #10

We recently purchased the 26BH in June. We enjoy it with the bunk beds. We also went to IKEA and bough a new mattress with more support. Currently there is a recall on the water heater. The only thing we wish is that we had at least 1 slide and more outside storage. But it is great for entry level, early family, and light weight pulling.

Tom
tjk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:00 AM   #11

I have a cherokee 28a+ we like the camper ,seems I have alot of luittle issues though with it.My buddy bought a sprinter select 26bh this year and that is a nice unit If I had it to do all over again I would get a sprinter and maybe step up to a 29bh or 31bh just for the room as others have stated get a slide make a world of difference on those rainny days ,the bunks are a great thing also,we upgraded our mattress with a 8 inch memory faom mattress from sams club 220.00 bucks shipped to the house best thibng we ever did..
Santaclause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #12

Those looking at this trailer should consider the new 2011 28bhxl, which has a slideout, therefore xtra room for the whole family.
Windshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #13

Took the "Sand Castle" to MB (SC) last wk of July. First big trip that I pulled it. Love it even more now. Also found Gary Myers (gmyers@forestriver.com Wildwood warranty rep) VERY helpful and friendly in handling a very minor warranty problem.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #14

We have a Wildwood 26bhle that we purchased new in 03. We've been well served with this trailer and have had very few problems. I think they're hard to beat for an entry lavel tt.
NostalgiaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood