Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #1

Tire size help

I have a 2014 wildwood x-lite 262 BHXL. I’m trying to figure out what size cover to buy for the spare tire. The one we currently have has seen better days. I am pretty sure the tire measures 19” from side to side, just looking for a second input to check my math.
Tom
Turco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
Site Team

What are the size designation numbers on the sidewall. That will help figure out the diameter of the tire.

For instance a ST205-70R/14 is a little bigger than 25" diameter, and it's 8" wide.
Old 05-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turco14 View Post
I am pretty sure the tire measures 19” from side to side, just looking for a second input to check my math.
Tom
Tom, are you sure that's not a typo (19 inch)?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #4

Okay, I am asking what size the tire is because I measured mine the other day at storage and wrote it down. But I was hoping maybe someone could verify my numbers I wrote down so I can order a new cover online. If you have this model or similar year, please tell me what size your spare tire is. I understand how tire sizes work. Thank you all!!
Old 05-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turco14 View Post
Okay, I am asking what size the tire is because I measured mine the other day at storage and wrote it down. But I was hoping maybe someone could verify my numbers I wrote down so I can order a new cover online. If you havew this model or similar year, please tell me what size your spare tire is. I understand how tire sizes work. Thank you all!!
www.tirerack.com

Best source i’ve found for tire knowledge.
My17Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
What are the size designation numbers on the sidewall. That will help figure out the diameter of the tire.

For instance a ST205-70R/14 is a little bigger than 25" diameter, and it's 8" wide.

That’s what I’m asking for. I wrote them down the other day when I was at my storage, but what I’m reading today seems way off...

Tags
tire