Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #1

Trailer mover dolly

I am looking at purchasing a trailer mover dolly. I have a 2017 forest river wildwwod and it is 34 ft long and need it to position it at my home. Does anyone know of a good one that won't break the bank. It doesn't have to be new. What do you think?
yesitsme11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:20 AM   #2
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsme11 View Post
I am looking at purchasing a trailer mover dolly. I have a 2017 forest river wildwwod and it is 34 ft long and need it to position it at my home. Does anyone know of a good one that won't break the bank. It doesn't have to be new. What do you think?
I'd be interested in one that could reverse the 34' 28RLT up over the curb (well maybe I could get it that far with the truck - and have to) and into a tight spot that often gets muddy and slippery.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:22 AM   #3

https://parkit360.ca/

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:39 AM   #4

Send me a PM. I have a Power dolly only used 3 times before I purchased my RV.

With my specific design inputs to the std dolly, I was able to place trailer right up to my closed garage door with 1/2" clearance! And I have a 10awg 100" power cord.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01 Folded Up.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	158630   Click image for larger version

Name:	02 Open.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	158631   Click image for larger version

Name:	03 Trailer Removable Attachment.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	158632   Click image for larger version

Name:	05 Attachment As Looks Installed.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	158633   Click image for larger version

Name:	06 Specifications.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	362.9 KB
ID:	158634  

Click image for larger version

Name:	zero clearance.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	158635  
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #5
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
Send me a PM. I have a Power dolly only used 3 times before I purchased my RV.

With my specific design inputs to the std dolly, I was able to place trailer right up to my closed garage door with 1/2" clearance! And I have a 10awg 100" power cord.
With my exposure to these thing being limited to magazines and maybe the occasional web reference, I am intrigued. All references to date have been for units that move (smaller/lighter) caravans.

What is the connection between dolly and trailer? Is it at the pin box and if so I presume that would require some sort of extension and coupling to match the pin. What sort of weight can they manage? How much ($US of course).
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:39 AM   #6

Power Dolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbella7 View Post
With my exposure to these thing being limited to magazines and maybe the occasional web reference, I am intrigued. All references to date have been for units that move (smaller/lighter) caravans.

What is the connection between dolly and trailer? Is it at the pin box and if so I presume that would require some sort of extension and coupling to match the pin. What sort of weight can they manage? How much ($US of course).
I only used it and my TT 3 times before my wife wanted a RV. Long Story. I wish I had kept the TT!

If you look at the pictures carefully. it is not what (how) most people would assume. The black piece bolts (2 top. 2 bottom) around the "A" frame member AFT (apx 2-3 feet) of the standard tongue "ball" area. That piece and the power dolly are a cylindrical Post and Socket vs the standard boat trailer ball type. The design difference is significant!!! This allows full control of the load being towed. It prevents trailers that are considerably heavier from tipping over sideways as they are moving.

I provided input to the person that manufactures them: Stronger Chain, Longer cord 100' vs 50', Larger wire size 10 AWG vs 14 AWG, fold over allowing maximum clearance, ...

Pictures show it collapsed up for storage and moving around Without power. Another picture is it opened up ready for use and attaching to trailer. 3, 4, &5 show the attachment item that get attached to the trailer A Frame that will slip over an on to the dolly’s post. This ensures perfect attachment eliminating any side load or lean of the trailer during movement. The last picture shows the annotations I made on a picture of the prototype with my requirements (specifications) to ensure a lifelong, carefree operation. There was need for Telescoping so I had them manufacture a solid arm.

Operation is as simple as:
1) Roll Power Dolly manually on removable wheels or electrically to the trailer that is lifted up on it’s a Frame jack.
2) Lowed trailer onto power dolly.
3) Retract your trailer Frame Jack.
4) Connect the Trailer’s 7 pin connection into the Power Dolly’s 7 Pin enabling the Trailer’s own brakes to function.
5) Plug in 100 foot 120Vac power Cord to standard wall outlet.
6) Move trailer under power with buttons, turn trailer with moving handle sideways without much pressure required to turn!

Buttons on Power dolly:
1) 2 position - Brake On or Off
2) 3 position – Forward, Resting/Off, Reverse

I designed the specifications so that the arm is allowed to rotate up (like storage picture, but in unlocked condition) allowing ZERO clearance possibilities as up you park - remember connection point is aft of the tongue and apx 6-12" off centerline when attached to the "A" frame. This allows full control and zero (0") clearance required for parking my TT. I would end up positioning the trailer’s ball point ½” from the garage door.

I paid $1,500 plus freight. Any reasonable offer

It was worth the $ to me for the few times I used it because I had NO OTHER Option. Send PM.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer