Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
vc17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
Tv Mount

Hi all, first time posting, I've been camping/RVing for over 10 years, just purchased a 2012 Wildwood T26RKS travel trailer. My question is, where is the best and safest place to mount a 19in flat screen tv? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
__________________

__________________

2009 Toyota Tundra SR5 DC, 5.7L Pyrite Mica
2012 Wildwood T26RKS
vc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 2,381
Well, haven't looked at your model, but am pretty sure Wildwoods come with a roof top antenna. That means that somewhere in the bedroom or living area, there is an antenna jck to hook your television to. The wall plate with the antenna jack will also have a little black, (usually), push button switch to turn the amplifier for the antenna on and off.

Is it safe to assume you don't have the trailer yet? If not, you might want to wait till you get it, and go through the walk-through. I'm sure there will be other questions.
__________________

__________________
LadyWindrider
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
vc17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Well, haven't looked at your model, but am pretty sure Wildwoods come with a roof top antenna. That means that somewhere in the bedroom or living area, there is an antenna jck to hook your television to. The wall plate with the antenna jack will also have a little black, (usually), push button switch to turn the amplifier for the antenna on and off.

Is it safe to assume you don't have the trailer yet? If not, you might want to wait till you get it, and go through the walk-through. I'm sure there will be other questions.
Thanks for the reply, I do have the trailer and all the antenna jack and rca jack boxes are in the ceiling of the bedroom and dining area, do I mount the tv mount bracket on the wall? is there a support plate behind the wall covering?
__________________

2009 Toyota Tundra SR5 DC, 5.7L Pyrite Mica
2012 Wildwood T26RKS
vc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,919
I knew where I wanted my TV mounted but cheated by having the service department install it. Now if something goes wrong its on them.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cass County
Posts: 81
My 27RBEC came with a 16" or 19" flat screen. The wall between the bunk and the inset where the TV goes had backing in it installed by the factory. I would contact Forest River and ask them if there is backing in the walls.

I know from re-positioning a Jensen stereo that the walls are very thin and will not hold a TV of any size without backing.
MacDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 130
I have the same 26RKS and faced the same situation. There is no additional backing in the wall in my unit. The TV cable connection also is not suitable for a satellite dish. Finally, there is no electric available when dry camping.

Here is what I did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	8648  
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
vc17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajim View Post
I have the same 26RKS and faced the same situation. There is no additional backing in the wall in my unit. The TV cable connection also is not suitable for a satellite dish. Finally, there is no electric available when dry camping.

Here is what I did.
Thanks for the reply, I like what you did, I mounted my wall mount and screwed in to the studs, I really like your backing plate, did you make that or buy it?
__________________

2009 Toyota Tundra SR5 DC, 5.7L Pyrite Mica
2012 Wildwood T26RKS
vc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by vc17 View Post
Thanks for the reply, I like what you did, I mounted my wall mount and screwed in to the studs, I really like your backing plate, did you make that or buy it?
Made it using Poplar. About $4 at HD. Used 2 different color stains to match the coach.
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
vc17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajim View Post
Made it using Poplar. About $4 at HD. Used 2 different color stains to match the coach.
It looks very nice.
__________________

__________________

2009 Toyota Tundra SR5 DC, 5.7L Pyrite Mica
2012 Wildwood T26RKS
vc17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tv mount

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.