Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #1

VERY shoddy repair on our New Trailer HELP!

We purchased our new Wildwood26TSS in June of 2010. When we went for pickup, there was water damage. We were told a door must have been left open, to go ahead and take it and camp all summer, then bring it back for warranty repair. We did, and had a punch list to them of other problems with the new trailer--refrigerator handle was melted, laminate on table was nicked, faucet was broken, etc. On our first camping hook up to water, we had a leak in the kitchen faucet that shorted out the hot water heater. They told us it would dry, no problem. We also had a leak in the bathroom sink that caused damage to the bathroom vanity. It was supposed to have been pressure tested already when we bought it, and we use a pressure regulator when we hook up. We returned it for repair Oct. 2010. We went to pick it up last weekend (mid April 2011), got partway there and received a call that the new faucet (faucet 2) they had put it had a leaky/broken seal, and would have to be replaced with Faucet 3, so we turned around and came home. We picked it up later in the week, and found the following problems: bathroom counter outside strip was replaced (we don't know why), but it is loose, and not lined up with top edge, leaving the laminate cardboard exposed. The bathroom vanity was not repaired (wood parts) where the leak had damaged it. Mini blind that fell off while going down the road wasn't only not fixed, the blind is gone completely. (they said they have a new one and forgot to put it in). Where the water damage from the door being left open was fixed, it was very shoddy workmanship. At the refrigerator, the frame of the fridge is now BENT and there is black foam sticking out the top. At the entertainment center, there are staples sticking out everywhere, the slide out for the tv was mounted won't slide out because the shelf was mounted too low, there is brown wood putty on the ceiling, between the tv shelf and the trim there is a gap of 1/4 inch........the list goes on and on. We bought a new rv, and never got one. We asked them to just keep it and give us a new one since this repair was botched so badly. They said they would only give us trade in value, but we can't even trade it in anywhere else because it looks so bad. They had it 6 months the last time, we were told we had to wait for Forest River to manufacture the wood parts before they could fix it. It is a 5 hour round trip. We just want the new trailer we bought, and never should have agreed to take it as it was, but were assured it would be fixed like new. What should we do?????
campingsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
camping

I would call Forest River and let them know all the problems, I had problems with warranty work through my dealer and they stepped right up and got me taken care of. I don't have a number for you for the Wildwood div. but someone here might. I would also get some pictures taken and document everything.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

First welcome to the forum,

Call Forest River and explain your situation very calm and collected like you explained it here and see where it goes.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks View Post
First welcome to the forum,

Call Forest River and explain your situation very calm and collected like you explained it here and see where it goes.
X2!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #5

I have photographed everything, from the beginning. Will try forest river, thanks!
campingsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Villa Estate 392FLFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingsix View Post
I have photographed everything, from the beginning. Will try forest river, thanks!
smart man!!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #7

Let us know how it goes.
Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by campingsix View Post
We purchased our new Wildwood26TSS in June of 2010. When we went for pickup, there was water damage. We were told a door must have been left open, to go ahead and take it and camp all summer, then bring it back for warranty repair. We did, and had a punch list to them of other problems with the new trailer--refrigerator handle was melted, laminate on table was nicked, faucet was broken, etc. On our first camping hook up to water, we had a leak in the kitchen faucet that shorted out the hot water heater. They told us it would dry, no problem. We also had a leak in the bathroom sink that caused damage to the bathroom vanity. It was supposed to have been pressure tested already when we bought it, and we use a pressure regulator when we hook up. We returned it for repair Oct. 2010. We went to pick it up last weekend (mid April 2011), got partway there and received a call that the new faucet (faucet 2) they had put it had a leaky/broken seal, and would have to be replaced with Faucet 3, so we turned around and came home. We picked it up later in the week, and found the following problems: bathroom counter outside strip was replaced (we don't know why), but it is loose, and not lined up with top edge, leaving the laminate cardboard exposed. The bathroom vanity was not repaired (wood parts) where the leak had damaged it. Mini blind that fell off while going down the road wasn't only not fixed, the blind is gone completely. (they said they have a new one and forgot to put it in). Where the water damage from the door being left open was fixed, it was very shoddy workmanship. At the refrigerator, the frame of the fridge is now BENT and there is black foam sticking out the top. At the entertainment center, there are staples sticking out everywhere, the slide out for the tv was mounted won't slide out because the shelf was mounted too low, there is brown wood putty on the ceiling, between the tv shelf and the trim there is a gap of 1/4 inch........the list goes on and on. We bought a new rv, and never got one. We asked them to just keep it and give us a new one since this repair was botched so badly. They said they would only give us trade in value, but we can't even trade it in anywhere else because it looks so bad. They had it 6 months the last time, we were told we had to wait for Forest River to manufacture the wood parts before they could fix it. It is a 5 hour round trip. We just want the new trailer we bought, and never should have agreed to take it as it was, but were assured it would be fixed like new. What should we do?????
ALMcKinney is offline   Reply With Quote