Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
thank all of you for your responses to this question you ave answered some of my questions with your responses to oscbradley's original question..

we are in possesion of our first TT and there are so many questions i have but sometimes don't remember after i get back. my dealer went over my TT with me pretty good but since it is a pain to haul it over there, i am happy to have access to others that can answer me

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #12

BENTE,

I actually have just enogh knowledge to get myself in trouble. Thanks to people on this forum like milzat to keep me straight.

There are others who are willing to help with just about any problem that you may have. There's no problem too big or too small. Someone on here will be more than happy to help.

Godd luck!

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
it seemed like that to me.. lots of helpful people. maybe i will learn enough about camping to give back to some newbie one day also

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #14

Unhappy Please Help Me with Winterizing 2007 Wildwood Park Trailer

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to winterzie my PT for the first time. I have a 2007 Wildwood Park Tralier and I cannot find a door outside the PT that would allow me to empty the hot water heater. Where else could I look for the water heater drain. Would it be underneath the PT? I have a 20 gallon electric DSI water heater.
Also, I cannot find anyone who can tell me what size air compressor I should purchase to blow the water out of the water lines.
Can anyone help me?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #15
Head Rambler

Hey Christy,
A park model trailer usually don't have horizontal water heaters like non-park models. They also don't usually have outside access doors. Look around your water heater near the bottom for a spigot. That's usually how they're drained.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #16

Question Thanks Bama Rambler,

I called the company (Forest River). I actually have a PT (park trailer) it is not a park model. The company stated that since I have a 20 gallon water heater - the access would be from the inside. I found it - already connected to a drain hose - I only had to turn the bypass knobs and open the drain.

I ended up buying an air compressor and blowing the water from the drains as I could not get the water pump to work. I inspected the fuse and it was OK. Also, I cannot locate the physical water pump (I have another call into the company LOL).

Once I learn all the steps - I've learned it for good

Oh, my gauge states that my black tank is 1/3 full - I don't see how. My tank is actually connected directly to the city sewer system. Isn't the blank tank for the sewer from the toliet and the grey tank is from the sinks?
Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylove123 View Post
Oh, my gauge states that my black tank is 1/3 full - I don't see how. My tank is actually connected directly to the city sewer system. Isn't the blank tank for the sewer from the toliet and the grey tank is from the sinks?
Most likely, there is crud or something shorting out the sensor on the black water tank, leading to a false reading. If your toilet dumps directly to your black tank, you can open the flush valve (water supply off) and look directly into the black tank to see if it is empty or not.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 AM   #18

A good rule of thumb is on ANY water heater, no matter what heating mode your'e using, Hook up the water FIRST, either to the city water outside, or on the filled up fresh tank, TURN ON THE PUMP. Verify that you have water pressure at the sink....it will be cold, but it should ALWAYS be there before trying to operate the W.H. on gas or electric. Also, remember to switch the electric power to the W.H. off before leaving the campgrounds, so it's not on as soon as you plug in the rig.
You'll be a happy water heater owner if these simple steps are followed!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #19

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have no hot water in electric mode. I have breakers in my panel for hot water heater but..I need to find out if I have a rocker switch disconnect switch for my hot water heater. I can't find it hidden where others have indicated. I do not see any bypass valves either. I have an '09 grey wolf 16' hybrid. I believe the WH model is Sunbeam 626. Thanks
Old 11-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #20
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylove123 View Post
It does not take much slime on the tank wall to turn on that light.
Horst Miracle Probes for Wastewater Tanks in Recreational Vehicles RVs

Play the video and you will see why.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood