Old 06-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
water leak

Here is a picture and a video which i hope works. i have been getting water entry in my trailer off and on for a while i guess based on the staples being rusted along the wall to the right of my slide out towards the front bedroom. Trailer is going to the dealer on saturday to have this look at. Wanted your thoughts.

2015 FR Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL
2007 F250 4wd CC SB 6.0 Diesel
5LowesOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:26 PM   #2
so i heard from the dealership, they said the water intrusion is from pine needles and such getting behind the slide out seal. several area's needed to be resealed and they wanted to charge me 1.5hrs worth of labor to fix that part. They had no intention of looking at what damage had been done by the water intrusion. They also said that the failing seal was on me for not clearing the top of the slide out after our camping trips, an not a warranty claim.

rather frustrated at this point, needless to say i felt it was going to be something like this. we traded our trailer in for an Evo model. This is a far better constructed trailer and look forward to far fewer issues.

2015 FR Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL
2007 F250 4wd CC SB 6.0 Diesel
5LowesOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
That's why we got a slide topper.
Too much tree debris getting in the seals.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, water, water leak