Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #21

Will do! It is going in next week for that and about a half dozen other things that need to be fixed but right now the leak is our biggest concern. Wonder if and how long it was doing this before be took delivery on it.
Terrigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:09 PM   #22

any updates?
Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 AM   #23

Slide Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LowesOR View Post
any updates?
Just dropped it off last night and we most likely won't get it back
till next Monday or Tuesday. They are also fixing an issue with the
awning, water tank sensor, no heat in the forward bathroom and
replacing the molding around one of the wheels so we told them to
keep it till they had it all done.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:59 AM   #24

After the storms that went through last night, we are dry! Yay! We put the slide in to protect the awning from the predicted hail, so we haven't tested it with the slide out yet, but hopefully all the caulking around what had looked sealed has worked.
ckbdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:13 AM   #25

So far ours has only leaked with the slide in no problems when it is out. Hope to have it back on Monday with an answer to the problem.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:47 AM   #26

Slide Leak and Camping World Service Dept Rant

So on June 22nd we dropped the coach off at Camping World on a pre-scheduled appointment for the leaking slider and a few other items to be repaired. We told them we needed it back by the 30th.
We started calling yesterday am to see if it was ready for pick up and as of 3pm and several calls still did not have an answer so we decided to drive down there. (Approx 30 miles)
Once we got in the service dept it became pretty clear not much had been fixed. Said they could not find the leak in the slide. We had a sprung compartment door the answer was pretty much that is just the way they are sometimes. If you remember I had an earlier post about the fresh water tank either not emptying or the sensor reading wrong. They said they filled and emptied it twice and it was reading fine. A few other items we also got a song and dance on.
The main reason it went in besides the leak was that when we picked it up there was a broken piece of molding over one of the tires that needed to be replaced – they had the part but had not changed it out yet. That was not done either. Supposedly the part was wrong but oddly it was not on the work order either.
At this point my husband was turning purple so we asked for the Service Manager. Well he went outside with us immediately saw what was wrong with the sprung door and took pics so he could order the part. By the way the door now also has a new 5” scratch on it and a dimple in the outer molding that frames it.
Next he got on a ladder to look at the slide and in less than 3 minutes found a crack in the seal that was pretty much right where we told them the leak was.
Now for the water tank he gets the shop foreman to come out and show us how to empty the tank. Well after over 30 minutes of crawling around under the coach he admits he cannot get it to empty correctly either. Interesting as supposedly they had already done it a couple of times. Yup there is more – there were a couple other items not taken care of either. Only thing they supposedly fixed was the no heat in the middle bathroom which we did not check yet to see if they did.
So the coach is still there they are going to try and get some of this done and will deliver it to us later today – we’ll see.
Sorry for the rant but we have had a few Coach/RV and trailers from here and the service is always pretty much like this. No excuse for it. Logic dictates that we would go some place else with our business the next time and we would but unfortunately this all we have within a reasonable driving distance in our area.
Makes me crazy having it tied up that long and having to drive the RV and the car back and forth a couple of times every time it needs to go back for service because they did not fix it right the first time.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #27

So we just got a call about the water tank. Evidently there was a piece of hose stuck in the drain causing it to not empty. So makes me wonder how they filled and drained it twice yesterday. Hmmm think someone is fibbing.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #28

over time you will have 'junk' build up in the water tank.... dirt/fungus/what ever was in the fill hose will be flushed into the tank where it will stay, until your water pump sucks it up and you drink it....

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #29

Yah but not before we have used it.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #30

Still leaking

So we are going to be taking the coach back for the 4th time for the
leak on the slide they still can't find it. Forest River is working with us
now hopefully they will get this figured out. Very frustrating! It leaks here every time it rains but evidently they can't get it to leak when they have it at the dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrigeo View Post
So on June 22nd we dropped the coach off at Camping World on a pre-scheduled appointment for the leaking slider and a few other items to be repaired. We told them we needed it back by the 30th.
We started calling yesterday am to see if it was ready for pick up and as of 3pm and several calls still did not have an answer so we decided to drive down there. (Approx 30 miles)
Once we got in the service dept it became pretty clear not much had been fixed. Said they could not find the leak in the slide. We had a sprung compartment door the answer was pretty much that is just the way they are sometimes. If you remember I had an earlier post about the fresh water tank either not emptying or the sensor reading wrong. They said they filled and emptied it twice and it was reading fine. A few other items we also got a song and dance on.
The main reason it went in besides the leak was that when we picked it up there was a broken piece of molding over one of the tires that needed to be replaced – they had the part but had not changed it out yet. That was not done either. Supposedly the part was wrong but oddly it was not on the work order either.
At this point my husband was turning purple so we asked for the Service Manager. Well he went outside with us immediately saw what was wrong with the sprung door and took pics so he could order the part. By the way the door now also has a new 5” scratch on it and a dimple in the outer molding that frames it.
Next he got on a ladder to look at the slide and in less than 3 minutes found a crack in the seal that was pretty much right where we told them the leak was.
Now for the water tank he gets the shop foreman to come out and show us how to empty the tank. Well after over 30 minutes of crawling around under the coach he admits he cannot get it to empty correctly either. Interesting as supposedly they had already done it a couple of times. Yup there is more – there were a couple other items not taken care of either. Only thing they supposedly fixed was the no heat in the middle bathroom which we did not check yet to see if they did.
So the coach is still there they are going to try and get some of this done and will deliver it to us later today – we’ll see.
Sorry for the rant but we have had a few Coach/RV and trailers from here and the service is always pretty much like this. No excuse for it. Logic dictates that we would go some place else with our business the next time and we would but unfortunately this all we have within a reasonable driving distance in our area.
Makes me crazy having it tied up that long and having to drive the RV and the car back and forth a couple of times every time it needs to go back for service because they did not fix it right the first time.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #31

what an ordeal to say the least. sorry for all your frustrations. I am also having my own though not to this extent yet.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #32

2017 Forest River Wildwood slide leak

I purchased a new 2017 Wildwood 282QBXL with one slide out. After two months the top D seal was missing and we had water damage. It took 4 months of fighting with Camping World in Fort Myers, FL and Forest River to get the D seal replaced and all it was finger pointing. FR thinks CW doesn't do anything and CW was amazed that FR didn't automatically honor the warranty. They also fixed a cabinet (water damage), the pantry fixed (shelves completely fell apart), trim falling off, and outside light lens fell off. CW could not get anywhere so I had to call FR and had to fight for every single item.
I finally got my camper back only to have it leak and now the exact same thing is happening with FR and CW. I took off the top D seal and found that the D seal track is very wavy and droops down in the middle so the water will simply puddle up in the middle and most likely is the cause of the leak since the slide was closed. It leaks on top of the slide then runs to toward the front (my camper was slightly tilted towards the front) then runs down the side of the slide and bounces off the horizontal rails (for the slide motors) then splashes on the entertainment center. Also, the wipe seals around the rails have gaps which CW says is a design flaw. I said these should be replaced and cut properly to seal around the rails but nothing has been done.
All I know is that I will never by a FR product as they DO NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY and CW won't do anything unless FR approves it so basically they won't do anything to help their customer. I have every email and picture saved for legal purposes so if anyone files a class action suite I will join. There should be a lemon law for campers.
TPWildwood282 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, water, water leak