Old 04-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #11

Dropped my trailer off this morning at dealer, they did a preasure test and found a couple places the were not properly caulked. Hopefully it will be water tight and ready Thursday.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:34 PM   #12

Well we picked up our trailer and they found that some areas not sealing properly and not caulked properly. The biggest thing I noticed when we picked it up that the slide goes in further, so they must have adjusted the slide to go in more. So now we just have to take it back when they get all the wood for the entertainment center in. Thanks for every ones input on this.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:52 PM   #13

Picked up 2016 Wildwood Heritage Glen TT 2 weeks ago & it is beautiful. Problem is we have leaks in 2 slides. Our service guy checked it today and said it had NO CAULKING. Also the bedroom slide wall was cut too large for the slide and we have a hole the size of a golf ball in the corner when the slide is in. I am afraid of small animals coming through that hole. We have cancelled two planned trips and will probably need to cancel our Orlando trip too. It will be taken care of and we will get through this. It is so hard when you pay cash for something this big and have to correct problems that should have been caught at the factory. We love to travel this way and the RV community is the best people we have ever met. Prayer is appreciated as we move forward!
Old 05-15-2015, 07:43 PM   #14

After a second trip to dealer and 1 1/2 weeks in the shop I believe they have gotten all the leaks. They had to remove one window and completely redo caulking, find several small leaks in various joints it is now dry after several days of rain.
Now we can finally plan some trips
Old 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM   #15

We are having a major problem around the bedroom slide. It used to be a small amount when the slide was open; we could close the slide during a heavy rain and be okay, but now we have a pond in the bedroom, even with the slide closed. No visible damage to walls, will take topper off tomorrow to try to inspect. Any suggestions of where to look?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckbdk View Post
We are having a major problem around the bedroom slide. It used to be a small amount when the slide was open; we could close the slide during a heavy rain and be okay, but now we have a pond in the bedroom, even with the slide closed. No visible damage to walls, will take topper off tomorrow to try to inspect. Any suggestions of where to look?

Thanks in advance.
Ours was leaking down the slide track on the top, I was able to see it before taken it in. They told me that they re sealed it but my wife and I noticed when we picked it up the slide went in future we only noticed ours when the slide was in. Hope this helps.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #17

We had same issue with our 262bhxl, the tech that did the walk trough on my parents XLR advised to level TT with a slight lean to slide side to ensure run off. Due to the spider gear tracks there was a common problem with water findings its way in since the seals are notched at each track.

Never had another issue after, nor did we ever have an issue with the slide out.

SK2 Camping Crew
2010 Ford F-350 Lariat
2015 Heritage Glen 356QB
Old 06-14-2015, 08:57 PM   #18

Unhappy

Today we removed the topper and inspected the slide. No sign of where the leak might be, but caulked all around and re-did the roof. We have a trip next weekend, guess it will go to the dealer for a leak test after that.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:53 AM   #19

We have a new 2015 Georgetown A and one of the slides it leaking slide in or out - light rain or heavy - back to the dealer. : (
Old 06-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #20

Terrigeo, so sorry for this problem on your new Georgetown. If possible, please post what the dealer finds. Thanks.

Tags
leak, slide, water, water leak