Old 02-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #1

Wheel chocks

Hi everyone just picked up my 2014 wild wood 26btss what is everybody using for wheel chocks I know bal have x type do they work well

Old 02-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #2
Old Enough to Know Better

Always, When I had my V-Cross I used wheel chocks. Now since the fiver is allot heavier I use an x chock I got from Northern they work real well.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #3

I made my own for our last 3 campers. Links:

Homemade Wheel Chocks

Wheel Chocks
Old 02-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #4

I use the xchocks and they work well.
Camping nights 2013: 130
Camping nights 2014: 17
Dovetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #5
Infractee

X-Chocks work great! Not only for keeping the camper in one spot but to also help with it moving around while walking around inside.
Just be mindful of how much you use the tongue jack/ landing gear once they are installed, once locked down and you start rotating front of camper up or down it puts a lot of torsional stress on axles and frame. I like to use wheel chocks to hold it in place while leveling then lock it down with the X-Chocks once leveled out.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
WFD

X Chocks are great...sometimes when we stop just for an overnight I don't bother using them but the DW always notices right away...they help alot with reducing inside movement.

Rick
Old 02-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #7

Okay just ordered a set of the x chock from Amazon 2pack 78.00 bucks free shipping two days thanks everyone now the question orange leveling blocks or the yellow leveling blocks what your opinion
Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
WFD

Orange ones...you coulda got a deal on those from amazon as well and had it delivered at same time...while you are at it, get the RhinoFlex sewer hose from amazon as well...a great sewer price and amazon has really good prices on those too.

Rick
Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #9
NELA

Keep in mind that the x chocks aren't meant to hold the RV in place like regular wheel chocks. They're mainly for stabilization, as they state in the directions.

You'll need a good set of wheel chocks. We bought the larger rubber style wheel chocks with molded-in teeth on the bottoms of them. They're much more stable than the plastic type as the teeth grip gravel, asphalt, concrete, etc. Some have posted about the yellow or orange plastic wheel chocks collapsing/crushing and/or shooting out from under the edge of the wheels.

We found our rubber chocks at Harbor Freight. (thanks again for that info wmtire)

they're usually $7.99 each, but are often on sale for $5.00.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #10
WFD

Weezer...I think the OP was referring to the orange or yellow levelling blocks. I agree with Weezer...you still need wheel chocks plus the X chocks. Like Weezer says...I have used the plastic wheel chocks in combination with Xchocks, the plastic wheel chocks are not very durable, and think I may look for something like Weezer suggests. The levelling blocks I was referring to were the Lynx levelling blocks..the orange ones that you can step/stack for levelling. You can get a 10 pack from Amazon reasonably priced and they come in a nice compact zip up bag for storing. very compact and lightweight to store. You may have to replace some of them every few years but they aren't that expensive from Amazon.

Tags
wheel