Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdz300 View Post
My new toy
Nice

Old 06-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #112

Nice rig-congrats and happy trails!

Old 06-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #113

If looking for a used 2012 or 2013 F150 Ecoboost. What do you look for to tell if it has the max tow package? Since used ones won't have the original window sticker I'm looking for a quick way to determine that.

Thanks,
Jason
2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Allis View Post
If looking for a used 2012 or 2013 F150 Ecoboost. What do you look for to tell if it has the max tow package? Since used ones won't have the original window sticker I'm looking for a quick way to determine that.

Thanks,
Jason
Look in the manual. Almost all the F150 EcoBoost with 4x4 are max tow unless it was special order. But check the manual plus the dealer should be able to look it up. Also check the hitch, get in the ground an look under it, my hitch said max tow. Hope that helps.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #115

Thank you
2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bad Allis View Post

Thanks,
Jason
Look for one with trailer tow mirrors and factory brake controller. These are part of Max Tow Package along with upgraded cooling and rear springs. Also, I believe a Max Tow will have 3.73 ratio. Ford offers a regular trailer tow package that is just receiver hitch and electrical plug. If you go to Ford.com, build and price, you can see what is included. You can take VIN to Ford dealer and they can tell you how truck is equipped. Good luck.
Husky Centerline Hitch

hokiecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #117

Very few F150 with Eco boost are Max Tow. Only the ones with the large factory mirrors and factory brake controller... Most Eco boosts with the regular mirrors are factory tow, but NOT equipped with the Max Tow package.

If you know the VIN of the truck, you can look the original stick and equipment up by replacing the "enteryourvin" with the vin in the url below..
"http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=enteryourvin"
Old 06-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan View Post
Very few F150 with Eco boost are Max Tow. Only the ones with the large factory mirrors and factory brake controller... Most Eco boosts with the regular mirrors are factory tow, but NOT equipped with the Max Tow package.

If you know the VIN of the truck, you can look the original stick and equipment up by replacing the "enteryourvin" with the vin in the url below..
"http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=enteryourvin"
That's not true i have an F150 with Eco boost withal tow and regular mirrors
Old 06-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #119

Hi Sharpey31 - I've heard of some dealers removing the Max Tow "elephant ears" and putting regular mirrors on as a modification, but I was told by the salemen that the "elephant ears" were the dead giveaway of an F150 with the Max Tow package. Any with the regular mirrors would have the basic factory tow if they had a break controller installed. Plus you automatically get the elephant ears when you configure an F150 online. (Note: my comments are for Supercrew's. Never looked at regular or Super Cab's so I could be wrong)

I was also told to look at the Window Stick. It has to say Max Tow (or Max Tow Power) on the sticker if it has Max Tow.

If your has Max Tow on the sticker and you have regular mirrors from the factory, then I stand corrected and will be more observant when I look for a new truck next year.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan View Post
Hi Sharpey31 - I've heard of some dealers removing the Max Tow "elephant ears" and putting regular mirrors on as a modification, but I was told by the salemen that the "elephant ears" were the dead giveaway of an F150 with the Max Tow package. Any with the regular mirrors would have the basic factory tow if they had a break controller installed. Plus you automatically get the elephant ears when you configure an F150 online. (Note: my comments are for Supercrew's. Never looked at regular or Super Cab's so I could be wrong)

I was also told to look at the Window Stick. It has to say Max Tow (or Max Tow Power) on the sticker if it has Max Tow.

If your has Max Tow on the sticker and you have regular mirrors from the factory, then I stand corrected and will be more observant when I look for a new truck next year.
I am only speaking from my experience. I buy a new F150 every two years and am pretty up to date with them, having said that anyone can modify any truck, it is possible we are both right. As for this guys question, the best advice I can give it to check the vin, check the hitch and look for a trailer brake controller, although mine doesnt have a controller and I have Max tow

Tags
f150