Old 02-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
Had the same problem with my 2009 Wildwood. No suction hose on the pump and no low point drains. I had to put 7 gallons of RV antifreeze in the tank for the pump to pick it up, and that was with the TT leaning 5 to 6 degrees towards the pump side. I think it all comes down to the assembler who installed the pump and line into the tank. How far from the bottom of the tank did he install it is a big variable. By the time I was done, I had used 9 1/2 gallons!
Now, my new Lacrosse has the extra line on the pump that I just stick into the gallon of antifreeze. So, 2 1/2 to 3 gallons (probably overkill but, I want to make sure all lines are full) later and 15 minutes and I'm done!

I think installing the conversion kit is well worth the money, aggravation and time saving it saves you. That will leave you more time for

"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #12
I installed the pump converter kit last weekend.. As usual.. any "easy" project offers it's challenges.

First.. I had to run to ACE HARDWARE to get the longer hose. Because of the position of the water pump in my camper, the piece, included with the kit.. just wasn't long enough. I actually purchased a piece of hose at ACE.. then bought a little hose coupler apparatus, two small hose clamps.. and added the new hose to the original. That way I had the original "screw on" connection to attach to the "T" valve. Now I can set the AF jug on the ground, outside the camper.. and the hose runs into the storage compartment and down to the pump.

The people who built this RV must have looked for the smallest, most hard to get to place, to mount the water pump. I had to do most of the work with one hand. I could only fit my upper body and one arm at a time through the small storage door opening.

then.. the pump was mounted at an angle that prohibited attaching the "T" valve to the inlet side.. so I had to remove all the mounting screws and turn the angle of the pump.

Anyway... it's done now and should save me a considerable amount of time when winterizing.. and 2 gallons, or less, of antifreeze should do the job.

thanks for the comments.

chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote