Old 09-22-2015, 08:59 PM   #1
Wildwood 262BHXL PDI Issues

So my wife and I went to our local RV dealer here in Texas this morning to sign paperwork for our new 2015 Wildwood TT. This is our first TT so we went in armed with lots of info and a PDI checklist from this site. We had been looking for a while and decided to go with this model because it fits our current needs and more importantly budget. We had not had the chance to inspect the unit prior to today. So we show up first thing this morning and are rushed straight into the office to sign all the paperwork and we decline to sign until we are able to preform our inspection. I think we caught them off guard because all the shop guys started to scramble to "look over" the unit. We were told that they needed to "touch up" a few things. So we made our self at home and waited. After about 30 min they took us back and they grabbed my keys to my truck so they could install my Equal-iz-er 1000/10000 hitch that I had bought from another local RV shop for $469.00 on sell compared to the $999.00 that this place charged. We were them met by our tech that was going to walkthrough everything with us. He was very good and knowledgeable about the product for the most part. We started on the outside and did a walk around. He took his time to show us every little detail on how to set it up and what valve did what. He was even honest enough to tell us that our TT was missing the cable line that it was supposed to have. So he started a punch list of things that needed to be fixed.

There were a few things that I did not have answered by him that I am still unclear about. This unit has the showstopper package and the electric jacks. Every time he ran the jacks down they would run until they touched the ground and then stop. He said that it was a fuse in the motor and it would reset on its own. After a few seconds it did reset. Is this normal? Also where is the water pump on this unit? When I asked him he appeared to be a little unsure. It sounds like it is near the rear bunks but not accessible from the outside.

All in all it went pretty good. we did find a water leak on the cold water in the bathroom sink and a few other cosmetic issue like a seam tape and panel on the inside that needed to be secured better and the kitchen take had a small crack in it. A/C was cold heat was hot water heater worked and fridge was cold. So we told them that we would be back when they were done fixing these issues to sign and they called me this evening and said it will be ready by tomorrow. I was impressed with the honesty of our tech on the cable issue I don't know if I would have caught it. He said that this has happened a few times so keep your eyes out for this issue. Cant wait to get it and start our adventures in exploring the great outdoors, after everything is fixed of course.

ww610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #2
this trailer sits low to the ground, the sewer/grey water dump is very close to the ground. I have this same trailer and have already damaged this for $300+ in repairs. I highly recommend an axle flip. Also the rear stabilizer should be moved as far back as possible, mine sits between the rear door and axle and frankly doesn't adequitly do its job.

also we had the lower bunk plywood cut and turned into an access hatch by the dealer. this allowed decent access to those items under and additional storage as well.
2015 FR Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL
2007 F250 4wd CC SB 6.0 Diesel
5LowesOR is offline   Reply With Quote

pdi, wildwood