Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2018, 07:01 AM   #1
NH Horseman

Wildwood 27REIS TV Hookups

We have a 2018 Wildwood 27REIS which is new to us. We are a bit confused as to the external jacks for TV hookup. There are three of them. Some say TV, some Satellite, Some bedroom TV ? Can someone describe these and tell me where they end up? Sounds like you feed the bedroom RV differently from the living room TV? The bedroom amplifier is the only one we see with an on/off switch. Our former camper had one feed and you turned on the amp for antenna and turned it off for Cable feed through.
NHHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #2
NH Horseman

Unhappy Wildwood 27REIS TV wiring

I guess nobody has an answer to my query about the routing of the coaxial cables from outside the camper to the two spots inside (bedroom and living room) nor about the TV Amplifier in the bedroom.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #3

sorry I cant help, not familiar with that model. You say external tv jacks? I only have one external tv jack and that is for park cable coming in. My bedroom tv doesn't even have a cable jack or booster. (I bought a tv/dvd combo and we watch movies at bed time)
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
NH Horseman

Three connectors on outside. One on the slide and two next to it. One labeled satelite and others TV-Cable.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHHorseman View Post
Three connectors on outside. One on the slide and two next to it. One labeled satelite and others TV-Cable.
I'll take a stab at it...

TV-1 Bedroom (This does as stated, goes straight to the bedroom) On our trailer this had the booster for the antenna, I removed it.
TV-2 Main (Same, straight to the main space)
Satellite (On my trailer this feeds down from my sat on roof) YOU COULD JUST DO A JUMPER FROM THIS TO ONE OF THE TV's IF DESIRED

Since I only use my sat I took a cable splitter (1in2out) wired the input of the splitter from my sat and the two outs to each of my TV's, I have DirecTV boxes mounted at both. I did this by removing one of the cable connector plugs on the outside of the trailer and pushed the wiring and splitter inside (It just fit). Now this is how I did it and Im sure there are probably better ways of doing, but this was quick, didn't have to cut anything... 10 minutes I was done!

Hope this helps

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #6
NH Horseman

Thank you for this information. It helps. I perhaps should have included this info but you probably already know it. Behind the Main TV, above the fireplace, there are two female connectors. One for cable and one for antenna. I installed an A-B switch there and the output to the TV input. Works great. In the bedroom, there is a TV amplifier with an on/off switch which does not appear to affect the main TV. It also has two female coax connectors but since I don't have a TV in the bedroom, I never used these and they are not labeled. It seems I don't need the amplifier for the main tv but might need it for the bedroom. Kinda confusing???
Old 09-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHHorseman View Post
Thank you for this information. It helps. I perhaps should have included this info but you probably already know it. Behind the Main TV, above the fireplace, there are two female connectors. One for cable and one for antenna. I installed an A-B switch there and the output to the TV input. Works great. In the bedroom, there is a TV amplifier with an on/off switch which does not appear to affect the main TV. It also has two female coax connectors but since I don't have a TV in the bedroom, I never used these and they are not labeled. It seems I don't need the amplifier for the main tv but might need it for the bedroom. Kinda confusing???
The booster in my trailer only covers the bedroom, by the sounds of it the same for you. The other coax has to be from the rear of your trailer, that's how mine is... I had two coax cables by my main as you do, I assume one of those is from you SAT input from the back and the other is from the TV input from the back. If memory serves me correct that is how ours was...

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #8
NH Horseman

No, I think the two outlets behind the main TV are; one for Cable input and the other for the Antenna. The Satelite input is separate and I'm not sure where that goes since I don't expect I will ever use it.

Tags
wildwood