Old 06-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #1

Wildwood 300BH question

I'm new here and have a question about our new (to us) trailer we bought. It's a Wildwood 300BH and it has two gray tanks. One empties with the black tank (more toward the front of the camper) and the other empties toward the back. this back one is the one I have a question about. It appears there are two pulls to empty it and I'm not sure what they connect to. The front tank is labeled black/gray for the pulls but these other two at the back aren't. I didn't know why there were two.

A second question is about the propane tanks/selector switch. The company we bought it from said to only have one tank on at a time because the selector switch doesn't really dictate which tank the propane is drawn from and if both tanks are open they'll be drawn from equally. This wasn't the case with our last camper.

Any help anyone can give on any of this is greatly appreciated.

wycker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:10 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. If I read your question correctly I think you can find the answer by filling the two gray tanks with clean water to full then one at a time pull the dump valves (ones in back) and see which drains.

With propane, if the regulator is not an auto change over then yes you need to only have one tank at a time open. If the regulator is auto change over like most are then it is recommended that you have both tanks open. The one the valve is pointing to will deliver full propane flow to your rig and when the auto change over takes place there will be a slight reduction in total flow (I have never noticed the reduction in flow with my rig, but that what the propane regulator Mfg says) Let the forum know what you find.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wycker View Post
I'm new here and have a question about our new (to us) trailer we bought. It's a Wildwood 300BH and it has two gray tanks. One empties with the black tank (more toward the front of the camper) and the other empties toward the back. this back one is the one I have a question about. It appears there are two pulls to empty it and I'm not sure what they connect to. The front tank is labeled black/gray for the pulls but these other two at the back aren't. I didn't know why there were two.

A second question is about the propane tanks/selector switch. The company we bought it from said to only have one tank on at a time because the selector switch doesn't really dictate which tank the propane is drawn from and if both tanks are open they'll be drawn from equally. This wasn't the case with our last camper.

Any help anyone can give on any of this is greatly appreciated.
For the two pulls on the rear gray tanks..... One lever is for the outside kitchen sink and the other is for the inside kitchen sink.
For the propane, if it's auto change over it will draw equally, if not then use one then the other.
Mkeetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkeetch View Post
For the two pulls on the rear gray tanks..... One lever is for the outside kitchen sink and the other is for the inside kitchen sink.
For the propane, if it's auto change over it will draw equally, if not then use one then the other.
Most auto change over propane regulators have a reduction in total flow when changing over from the tank selected to the standby tank. check the specs.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood