Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 07:30 AM   #1

Wildwood Heritage Glen 337BAR

Hi Guys, new to the forum, we picked up our new 5er in March, traded up from a TT. So far so good, we have gone on 2 short trips and have a 3rd planned for the 4th of July weekend. We have only had a few issues, the biggest one being the salesman didn't tell us about the 2nd a/c option for the bedroom, we found out the 1st warm night. So last week I installed an Atwood unit and it seems to work great. Other then that it's been all good.
JerseyVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyVic View Post
Hi Guys, new to the forum, we picked up our new 5er in March, traded up from a TT. So far so good, we have gone on 2 short trips and have a 3rd planned for the 4th of July weekend. We have only had a few issues, the biggest one being the salesman didn't tell us about the 2nd a/c option for the bedroom, we found out the 1st warm night. So last week I installed an Atwood unit and it seems to work great. Other then that it's been all good.

Salespeople gotta love them! You guys still enjoying the 5r?
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:58 PM   #3

Smile

We own a 337BAR and love it!

We've only experienced two issues with ours / while pulling her across the US one of our pendant lights above the island came lose and held true to its name... glass was thrown from one end of the trailer to the other. I suggest checking them and maybe even adding some lock-tite to the threads to eliminate this from happening. I ended up getting the same globe from FR on a warranty claim.

2nd issue was with the two end-tables in the rear next to the sofa, they both came lose from the wall while in tow. I bought the screw in type wall mollies that you use for sheet-rock and reattached.

Other than that all has been great, we hit the road about every three weeks so you can say she getting used plenty...

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:51 PM   #4

Wildwood Heritage Glen 337BAR

We are still loving it, but we are also having the issue with the 2 end tables coming loose from the wall. I like the idea of the mollie screws, I'm gonna pick them up Monday, thanks for the tip!
Old 08-29-2017, 03:06 PM   #5

Hilti 1-1/8 in. HFP Self-Drilling Nylon Drywall Anchors (100-Pack)-332686 - The Home Depot

This is what I used and seems to be working very well...

I added two additional fasteners to the sides and back adding to the strength, they've not moved since. I also tossed in some wood-glue to add some additional guarantee it would hold

Good Luck

Old 08-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #6

Thanks so much for the additional info. gonna get it done over the weekend, we are leaving on a 3 week trip the middle of next week. [emoji106]
Old 10-26-2017, 09:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks so much for the additional info. gonna get it done over the weekend, we are leaving on a 3 week trip the middle of next week. [emoji106]
Did you ever get this done, curious as how it turned out and if you ended up doing it another way?

Old 10-27-2017, 05:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboatwright View Post
Did you ever get this done, curious as how it turned out and if you ended up doing it another way?

Yes I did, I did it the way you explained and it worked out great. We just got back from our 2,200 mile round trip to South Florida and it's still solidly attached, thanks again.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #9
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:

We've only experienced two issues with ours / while pulling her across the US one of our pendant lights above the island came lose and held true to its name... glass was thrown from one end of the trailer to the other. I suggest checking them and maybe even adding some lock-tite to the threads to eliminate this from happening. I ended up getting the same globe from FR on a warranty claim.

2nd issue was with the two end-tables in the rear next to the sofa, they both came lose from the wall while in tow. I bought the screw in type wall mollies that you use for sheet-rock and reattached.

Other than that all has been great, we hit the road about every three weeks so you can say she getting used plenty...
I too had a pendant fitting come loose and spray broken glass everywhere. I replaced both shades with cheap decorative plastic glasses from Woolworths. Just drilled a hole in the bottom to suit the pendant tube. They are significantly lighter so have less tendency to shake loose.

I also fitted a pull switch connected to the pendants inside the ceiling housing (with the string dropping through a tiny hole) so I could turn them off independently from the house lights. I still have to turn on the house lights on when I want the over-island pendants on, but that's a small concession.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #10

We should post some pictures of our lovely 337 bars..

Btw I did have a huge warranty claim and didn’t get to use the 5er from July to August. The bedroom got extremely hot once the sun would come up, it felt like a 2500 watt heat gun was in the closet aimed to the bed.. when I took it in the service advisor said wow it’s only like 78 degrees outside and the temp in the bedroom was like 99.. I left it and of course my fear the whole front cap had to come off.. there was no insulation whatsoever so the sun would cook the dark colored front cap and the heat would just travel trough the shelving in the closet.. luckily I did have the second ac unit in the bedroom but it would only drop the temp about 10 degrees cooler, why? Of course because there was only one ac vent installed on the side of the bed by the shower, basically opposite of the closet. Well they did fix the insulation on the front cap and I argued that how is there only one vent in the bathroom and one in the bedroom to cool all that square footage to include the hallway, but five in the living room? There answer was that it’s a manufacturer decision so I said I’m not satisfied and they said they would call and see if they would approve to add another vent in the bedroom. To help cool the hallway as well. They did and man what a difference I can sleep past sunrise.

Next major issue now that that was fixed and my pregnant wife and I got to try it out it was perfect in the summer. Well our newborn was 6 weeks old around Veterans Day and we both had time off from work and wanted to take the 5er out. The first night the temp was down to 32 degrees outside.. the heater work fine but only outta the vent in the bathroom and bedroom so I had to put the thermostat at 88 degrees to kinda help keep the living/kitchen area warm to about 68degrees. Well of course back to the dealer and I told them my troubleshooting techniques.

I told them I opened the partition wall in the compartment as it was freezing outside to access the heater and ducting. I told them I swapped the ducts from the bedroom and bathroom to the living room ones to see if the prob would follow and if course it didn’t meaning there is an obstruction or both ducts are pinched somewhere in the enclosed belly..

I told them the electric fireplace that supposedly would heat the whole fiver was a joke I had that thing set at 90 with the gas furnace at 88.. yes we cooked in the bedroom and the bathroom was an oven but it helped so we wouldn’t see out breath in the other half of our coach.

I still haven’t got it back yet and I’m asking them to price quote me for heat strips and or heat pumps for the roof units as well because that was not a good experience.. I have confidence in them because they did a good job on the front cap with my fears of it leaking after words or the rubber roof looking like a parachute as I drive down the interstate as I’ve seen on some fifth wheels on the opposite side of the interstate.

All in all I love the inside of the fiver. I got it for 46,000 plus a 9,000 negative from a boat trade in so 55k plus tax and a 3,000 dollar warranty so 60,100 out the door. Now they have a beautiful CAMEO with a living room in the master bedroom my wife likes but it’s not a lite weight for 48,999 originally 98,000.. go figure...

We still love the 337 bar and so far those have been the only two times it’s been taken in for warranty issues.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3481.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	157213Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3485.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	157214Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3471.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	420.2 KB
ID:	157215
Old 11-27-2017, 12:03 PM   #11

Sorry to hear about those warranty issues, but hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from now on. We have been very blessed, we did a round trip from NJ to S. Florida with a 3 week stay in the middle. Our only issue was I found both tires on the passenger side had picked up a nail on the road and had slow leaks. I plan on replacing the tires with something of better quality before our next trip anyway. I tried to post some pics but the forum says there's a problem, I'll can them up as soon as possible.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Sorry to hear about those warranty issues, but hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from now on. We have been very blessed, we did a round trip from NJ to S. Florida with a 3 week stay in the middle. Our only issue was I found both tires on the passenger side had picked up a nail on the road and had slow leaks. I plan on replacing the tires with something of better quality before our next trip anyway. I tried to post some pics but the forum says there's a problem, I'll can them up as soon as possible.

Yea I love this fifth wheel. I know they will get it right.. heck I wish I had it now because I’m ready to plan a trip for Christmas but I can’t yet until I know how long they will have it for..
Old 12-14-2017, 06:33 PM   #13
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:

We had the same issue with a pendant. After cleaning up the glass, I replaced the glass shades with two decorative plastic tumblers from Woolworths, about $2 each. Just drilled a hole in the base to fit the rod. I also put a pull-down switch in the circuit to allow me to turn off the over-sink pair while living the living room lights on.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #14
Bene Gesserit Rule

I seem to have a habit of repeating myself. I have also had a keyboard hiccup and lost a thread that I was editing and adding photos of painted silos to, can't find it anywhere now.

Anyway, here is a pic of my replacement lights. Two cheap glasses from Woollies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plastic Tumbler Shades.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	158454  
Old 12-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbella7 View Post
I seem to have a habit of repeating myself. I have also had a keyboard hiccup and lost a thread that I was editing and adding photos of painted silos to, can't find it anywhere now.

Anyway, here is a pic of my replacement lights. Two cheap glasses from Woollies.

Very very nice

Tags
wildwood