Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2015, 09:08 AM   #1

Wildwood Insulation

We are considering the purchase of a 2016 Wildwood T27RLSS travel trailer. I am pretty much at peace with "sticks and tin" vs. fiberglass, but I have noticed that the insulation rating is R7 all around, while many if not most other trailer brands have a higher insulation rating, especially in the roof. We live in Central Texas, and I am concerned about the ability of the 15k air conditioner to cool us down in the hot summertime. Any comments from other owners would be appreciated.
LetsGo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:54 PM   #2

Wildwood Insulation

Get dual A/C if possible.

We ordered our Hemisphere 282rk with them and I'm glad I did.

We live in SC and have hot summers also. I don't think the one unit in the living room would have kept us cool in the bedroom.

Tim

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
Go Pack Go!!

There should be an option off the MFR options list to get R14 double insulation for roof and floor, plus an option for R38 extreme weather package, and if you call Forest River, they may give you a price for dual pane windows that your dealer may not know anything about. That happened with my recent purchase.

The addition of a 2nd A/C will likely boost the power supply needed on the camper from a 125V 30A to a 125/250V 50A, which can be very costly. But two A/C's are really the way to go if you can get it.

Tags
insulation, wildwood