Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #1

Wildwood Lodge: 392QBBS

Folks,
I am new to this Forum and would like to hear from anyone regarding the new Wildwood 392QBBS. I will not be towing the Lodge. I will be parking it on my camp / Property. I plan to order this unit, or something similar this week. Any comments will be appreciated.

Here are some questions:

-Are the slideouts durable,and wil they remain sealed from weather if they are left open year round (Western PA-we get all four seasons).
-I have a Band new Honda EU 3000 I. The unit I am planning to order will have a Propane Water Heater, and Fridge. My concern is the AC-15K. Will the Honda run the AC?
-How durable are the roofs on these units?
-I am ordering double insulation, and heated holding tanks. Does anyone have any expereince with these options when using the camper in the winter?
-I optd to eliminate the patio door and have the 30" door installed in place of it.

Thanks
es335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by es335 View Post
Folks,
I am new to this Forum and would like to hear from anyone regarding the new Wildwood 392QBBS. I will not be towing the Lodge. I will be parking it on my camp / Property. I plan to order this unit, or something similar this week. Any comments will be appreciated.

Here are some questions:

-Are the slideouts durable,and wil they remain sealed from weather if they are left open year round (Western PA-we get all four seasons).
-I have a Band new Honda EU 3000 I. The unit I am planning to order will have a Propane Water Heater, and Fridge. My concern is the AC-15K. Will the Honda run the AC?
-How durable are the roofs on these units?
-I am ordering double insulation, and heated holding tanks. Does anyone have any expereince with these options when using the camper in the winter?
-I optd to eliminate the patio door and have the 30" door installed in place of it.

Thanks
Welcome to the forums.

I can't speak to everything except the generator. I think 3Kw might not be enough for the AC unit. If so it will probably only run just that. Most RVs such as motorhomes equipped with 15K roof air units are fitted with a minimum of a 4 to 4.5KW generator. The real issue is that an air conditioning compressor draws a lot more amps during start up then it does once it gets running. You need to find out what the continuous as well as starting amps are for your AC unit to be able to calculate what size generator you will need. You also need to calculate how much power you will be drawing besides that though, lights, pump, etc. For sure you will not be able to run another high amperage item at the same time with the generator if the AC is running. That means if you intend on using a microwave, hair dryer, electric water heater element, etc then you will have to shut off the AC.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Here is what I can get out of your questions:
1. You're getting a new trailer, with max insulation and heated tanks.
2. You're not going to tow it, but park it permanently
3. There isn't any power where you're going to park it.
4. You want to use it in winter, when temps are below freezing.

Now I'm going to ask some questions:
1. Do you have water available, or are you going to transport it in?
2. Do you have a septic system for sewage, or are you transporting?
3. Do you plan on winterizing every time you leave?

Better have a large supply of propane to keep from freezing if you plan on running furnace for heat, hot water, and fridge.

Don't know about the slides and weather, don't have them, don't want them myself. As NWJEEPER said, generator may run AC, but that would be all. Give us a few more details on how you plan to use the unit and what's available. And welcome to the forums.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #4

-Water-I transport it in.

-Winterize-What I have done in the past is to utilize a tire-vlave /pressure system to blow all water form the lines, and , drain the holding tanks to a very low level-well under 1/3 full. I put a few gallons of RV antifreeze in the tanks, and traps. I use the HWT bypass and drain the HWT. I do not run the heat when I am not there So far so good (in my old camper) .

-Re the Generator the AC unit draws 11 amps (approx) start up. Withthe HWT and Fridge being propane, I am hoping the 3k Honda will power the AC. The RV Elec Plug on the Honda is labeled 23.5 amps.

-Sewage-no sewage system. I have a a 300 Gallon Portable tank that I dump the camper holding tank in to. I have the 300 Gal tank pumped.
es335 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood