Old 04-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #1

Wildwood lodge hanging things in wall

Our new Wildwood Lodge Dest trailer is great. Issue having to do with getting hanging hooks to stick to walls. Have tried 3M, gorilla mounting tape, duct tape and nothing sticks to the walls due to texture.

Anyone able to find any solutions. Really don't want to drill into walls. We are just trying to hang light jackets, etc.

Thanks

samwlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #2

I use command strips, the key is to clean the area with alcohol and let it dried good. We have a wildwood x lite.

phillip252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:23 PM   #3

We have tried all that and no stick enough to hang a sweatshirt on a hook
Old 04-09-2017, 11:10 AM   #4

Ok, now you have me going. The 1st time I tried hanging a tray in the shower it fell of the wall, I had to warm the are with hair dryer and wait 24 hr before using. It is a command strip product , when camping this is where we store shower gel 2 bottles and shampoo and a bar of soap ( yea yea I know I have a wife who is city girl), this is a textured wall. Also used the walmart brand strips to hang towels in bathroom.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #5

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-09-12-13-14.png
Views:	128
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	134227Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-04-09-12-14-34.png
Views:	119
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	134228
Here are two products I used. I do remember 1st try they didn't stay up, I went back and warmed the area before applying strips.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #6

Thanks

About the only thing we haven't tried is warming up the area with a hair dryer. Will try that later today. Thanks, I will let you know how it goes.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwlee View Post
Our new Wildwood Lodge Dest trailer is great. Issue having to do with getting hanging hooks to stick to walls. Have tried 3M, gorilla mounting tape, duct tape and nothing sticks to the walls due to texture.

Anyone able to find any solutions. Really don't want to drill into walls. We are just trying to hang light jackets, etc.

Thanks
I don't drill into the wall. I have hung extra towel bars, mirror's, lots of hooks & pictures in my camper. I put screws directly into the wall. When I remove something from the wall, I purchase matching wall putty an fill in the screw holes to blend with the wall. You probably would never find the hole patch.
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #8

Hooks are supposed to set for a few hours before you hans heave stuff on them !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #9

Talking Update

Thank you to all who replied. This is an update for your information.

1. We have always put these command strips on the wall and waited 24-hours before testing them. In this instance that seemed to not work, even thought it did in our former coach.

2. Enter the hair dryer and warming up the surface prior to hanging, placing command stops on wall and waiting 24-hours...Voila! It worked so far!

Appreciate all replies you have made.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #10

Hold on

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwlee View Post
Thank you to all who replied. This is an update for your information.

1. We have always put these command strips on the wall and waited 24-hours before testing them. In this instance that seemed to not work, even thought it did in our former coach.

2. Enter the hair dryer and warming up the surface prior to hanging, placing command stops on wall and waiting 24-hours...Voila! It worked so far!

Appreciate all replies you have made.
How many folks really apply pressure on the "hook" to wall, for 30 seconds, per instructions? 30 seconds is a pretty long time. Then wait 24hrs to use.

twdenman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood