Old 04-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #1

Wildwood X-Lite first trip - some questions

Picked up our camper at RVWholesalers. The whole process was smooth and the PDI went well with just a few minor adjustments needed.
At our first stop, noticed the under step lighting was not working (yes it worked at the PDI). Also the interior light switch would only turn on 1 light - but all the individual lights would still turn on and off manually.
Any ideas?

Overall, we love the trailer and can't wait for more trips.

2018 JGC Limited 4x4 w/tow
MarkDNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
3boxerss

I have a 2017 Wildwood Xlite The switch by the front door to the right by the bed only turns on the light above the bed. The other lights you do have to turn on individually.. I dont have the undercarriage lights on mine but do you have a remote for them and a switch inside? If so it could be like an issue I had with my awning lights. I would turn them on and off from the switch inside.. All of a sudden it didnt work. Turned out my husband was messing with the remote for the jacks and it has a button for lights on it and he turned them off from there.. Had to turn them back on with the remote and it worked again.. I thought only the remote for the awning lights ran it but its also connected to the jacks remote..

3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:22 PM   #3

Thanks

We were trying out the remote. Will check this out after work.
I like the idea of the under step lights - not sold on the under awning lights yet.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:46 PM   #4

Well the remote controls the awning LED strip, but does not control the under carriage LED strip or my inside lights.

Will keep trying to resolve this before I turn it into a warranty claim.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:27 PM   #5

Check the under carriage lights where they come out from under the camper. Ours worked at the PDI and not when we got home to show the whole family. One of the crimp connections was not crimped properly. I put a new connector on them and they were fixed. Also on our camper, the remote only controls the awning lights. The switch to control the under carriage lights is on the left side of the door inside, about six inches off the floor. Color is royal blue only.
banyon359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:36 PM   #6

congratulations of your new TT. I have a 2017 RBXL and love it. Lots of good folks here if you have more questions.
oldjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #7

Wildwood Light Switches

Not sure of your exact model. If you have 2 doors, the inside switches at the rear door turn on (1) the outside lights and (2) the inside overhead light at the rear of the trailer. As was said earlier, at the front door, that switch turns on the overhead bedroom light. This assumes your BR is at the front of the trailer.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #8

That's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banyon359 View Post
Check the under carriage lights where they come out from under the camper. Ours worked at the PDI and not when we got home to show the whole family. One of the crimp connections was not crimped properly. I put a new connector on them and they were fixed. Also on our camper, the remote only controls the awning lights. The switch to control the under carriage lights is on the left side of the door inside, about six inches off the floor. Color is royal blue only.
Tried the switch first and it checked out okay.
Then peeled back some tape at the end of the under carriage strip and sure enough the wires had separated. Pushed them in temporarily and they worked.

Thank You!

What is the tape they use to cover holes in the fabric under the sub floor?

Tags
lite, wildwood