Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2015, 08:18 PM   #1

Wildwood xlite 261bhxl

Thinking about purchasing a new 261bhxl. Have also looked at Cherokee Grey Wolf itch similar floor plans. Any pros or cons to either. The wildwood seems to have everything we need and a bit cheaper but no outside shower. Do these have standard blank tank flush or missing anything else that makes set up clean up easier? It does have full power package for jacks. I felt like it was missing something ( water flush on outside,etc...) but couldn't put my finger on it and dealer wasn't offering what the trailer didn't have. Anyone that may know of standard features not offered would be s big help.
Thank
cubsflfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:45 AM   #2

I purchased a 261bhxl last month and have loved everything about it. It got the outside kitchen/grill and some of the interior upgrades. I am not sure of the other model but have not been disappointed in our purchase. The electric stabilizer feet and awning are a great feature to have. We also have like the awning lights at night when we get back to the trailer after dark and have to unlock the door. I hope this helps in your thought process in purchasing.
schwabml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #3

We don't have the optional kitchen/grill for outside. Know of how I can buy one after market? Haven't had best of luck finding via search though I am limited due to being at work right now.

Just bought my 2014 261BHXL today from a private seller.
donhillphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #4

I don't know...mine came as stock so I have never looked for one.

Sorry I couldn't help on that one.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:26 PM   #5

As features can vary not sure what you're might come with, our 262bhxl does not have a black tank flush ( we use a secondary attachment at the dump point for this, RV places can add one for around 200 I believe).

The one done side to the power jacks is I feel they are less stable then the manual stab jacks, I notice a lot more bounce then in our camping groups with manuals, we added come camco stabilizing jacks to help this.

All in all we found the wildwood had the best overall options and appearance then others we looked at, going on a year now and love it.

SK2 CAMPING CREW
2010 Ford F-350
2015 Wildwood XLite 262BHXL
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #6

We bought a 261BHXL and camped in it twice and found it to be to small for our family of 4 and 3 dogs. We have traded it in for a Wildwood 28DBUD and have loved the extra space!!
Old 06-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #7

cracked tow frame on x-lite

check my posts on this
acris93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #8

Towing an Xlite with water in the tank.

I have just purchased a new Xlite 261 BHXL. The dealer strongly cautioned about driving with water in the tanks. The boondocking forum seems to say that this is bad advice. Since i will often be well away from a water source it presents a problem. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this issue and an Xlite. Thanks
warrenmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #9

Traveling with full water tank

I have taken our trailer out on all occasions with water in the tank. From weekend trips to the lake, to 10 day excursions across the province, and into the states. Over, around, mountains, hiways etc. What's the point of having a water tank, if you can't use it.
acris93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsflfan View Post
Thinking about purchasing a new 261bhxl. Have also looked at Cherokee Grey Wolf itch similar floor plans. Any pros or cons to either. The wildwood seems to have everything we need and a bit cheaper but no outside shower. Do these have standard blank tank flush or missing anything else that makes set up clean up easier? It does have full power package for jacks. I felt like it was missing something ( water flush on outside,etc...) but couldn't put my finger on it and dealer wasn't offering what the trailer didn't have. Anyone that may know of standard features not offered would be s big help.

Thank

To OP. I bought a Cherokee Grey Wolf not your model but a toy hauler and love it. Did modifications on it after the purchase. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either trailer your looking at. My suggestion would be to get inside each and pull drawers lift beds. Turn fixtures open cabinets and see which one you can see yourself in. If price is close don't let that be a deciding factor. I originally was looking at grey wolf 22rr but the dealer had a 26 rr on the lot. Me and wife went in and out of each unit multiple times to compare. Bought the 26rr that was not even on my radar. Once we got in it it felt right.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:40 PM   #11

We bought a 2015 model this past summer. My Tahoe pulls it pretty good and I don't have any major issues with that. It is a good camper compared to what we had before. It is a little small when you get more than two people in it. The bathroom is a little to small for me and the tank do not hold a lot. If you camp in an area where it isn't shaded and hot the ac seemed to not keep up real well using the centralized air. The one thing I don't like about is that it sits a little to low to the ground and here in Iowa where I go camping there isn't a lot of level campsites. Also make sure the connections on the radio are good because mine were crimped poorly and the speakers would quit working they also forgot to take the screws out of the radio so I could watch DVDs. I also got the outdoor kitchen and we love it. I like having my own little beer fridge outside. The grill is a lil cheap you kinda have to watch out for grease fires.
Hasley704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:45 PM   #12

As for having water in the tanks my dealer advised us not to do it cuz it's just added weight when your pulling it but I have left water in when going down the road. I have found if I leave it full when I leave home a lot of water goes out the overflow. So I just leAve it about half full so we can use the bathroom if we need to before we get to the campground.
Hasley704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #13

I agree that this model and the 262bhxl are to low to the ground for how long they are. I will be looking at getting the springs mounted to the top of the axles. I would also agree the electric stabilizer jacks dont support the trailer very well. I too will be looking at adding additional jacks to mine.

So far with mine all dealer work done is the wiring harness on the slide out needed replaced, wireless remote control for the slide,awning etc had to be replaced, sewer/grey dump plumbing had to be replaced due to hanging so low and hitting something. all my drawers required a latch deal to keep them closed.

If i do travel with water in the tank i try to have it as full as possible. This helps keep it from really sloshing around so much.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:49 AM   #14

My wife and I got the 261bhxl in June 2015. We loved it we are a family of 2 adults and 3 kids(7,6,2) plus we took my 13 year old niece. We were great for the week we spent at the beach and the weekend get aways close to home. As we go we make small adjustments to whatever we need. So far we have added some extra storage self to the bathroom. Added show storage racks and a post on a hinge to hold the bed up. Ad far as set up I would agree the electric stabilizers leave something to be desired. I bought the camco stabilizers mentioned earlier haven't gotten to use them just yet. No matter what you buy you will find things that need adjusted to meet your families needs. This cost effective model allowed my family to take 4 vacations rather than just one last summer. This year we have so many weekends planned.
Custom526 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood