Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #1

Will it fit?

We just moved to a new town and had to rent a house with a yard not big enough to park our TT (2012 Wildwood X-lite 26BH). The driveway is very long but only about 12 feet wide. At he end is a carport 25 feet long, 12 feet wide, and 10 feet high (clearance). Does anyone think the trailer will fit underneath? The specs say the trailer height is 9' 9" but seems higher than that. The problem is we are storing it at a place that is 40 miles away, I would hate to bring it all the way over only to find it will not fit. So far we have not been able to find a storage place in the new town that has a space for us this time of year.
mewildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #2

I doubt it fitting, you still have the AC and fridge vent on the roof plus whatever other vent pipes above the 9'9" (these things are not included in the TT height I don't believe. The AC itself is more than the 3" left to get to 10'.

Perhaps do the drive and get measurments to confirm then if to tall leave it there for now.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #3

Only way to know FOR SURE is drive over and measure the height of the unit to it's highest point.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #4

AC will make it over 10' tall. Without a doubt.
John4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:49 PM   #5

It was my understanding that the advertised height specifications for an RV was the tallest possible height of a unit with any available option. That's what I'd call the "worst case height". Now, the easy way to confirm that is to call a local FR dealer or call FR and ask for Customer Service for your TT brand.

If you want to confirm the actual height of your TT, run by Lowes/Home Depot and pick up a "straight" 8' 2x4, a level and a 25' tape measure. Drive the 40 miles to the storage facility with a friend. One of you climb on top of the TT with the 2x4 and level. Put the 2x4 on top of the tallest part of your TT. Insure the 2x4 is level (with the level) and have your friend measure from the bottom of the 2x4 to the ground. WOW, that wasn't too hard.

Also, if I wanted to park my RV at my house, an 80 mile round trip would not stop me from bringing it to my new house and doing an actual test. But, that's just me. Also, gas and time for the 80 mile trip has to cost less than storage fees for several months or a year.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #6

The trailer height is probably 9'9" as you saw or heard spec'd, my 26TBSS is also 9'9" high but the 'overall height including AC and vents is 11'2", I am sure you will find this is the case with your 26Bh as well. But you won't know for sure unless another 26BH owner measures his/hers and chimes in or you go measure it. Forest River no longer list the 26BH on their web site I don't know if they quit making them or what.

kerrlakelover, Old Water Skiing now those were the days me too.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
Another rat in the race

I have a 26' BH and I can say with out a doubt it is over 10' I dont remember the exact number but I have a note from when I bought it and my son and I measured. It says to me nothing under 12' without supervision so it must be 11' ?" Tall.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #8

Just a quick response to let anyone interested that it did not fit... not even close. Oh well, i have it in storage until I can find someone to buy it. Thanks for the help
mewildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewildman View Post
Just a quick response to let anyone interested that it did not fit... not even close. Oh well, i have it in storage until I can find someone to buy it. Thanks for the help
Sorry it didn't work out for but appreciate your followup note.