Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #21

Blow out lines with compressed air. Way easier and no residual in spring. Put antifreeze in traps only.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkerr View Post
Blow out lines with compressed air. Way easier and no residual in spring. Put antifreeze in traps only.
You still have to sanitize in the spring so how is it way easier?

Winterized mine with antifreeze in 20 minutes.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #23

Here’s what I used for my first two fifth wheels (8 seasons). All you need is a length of RV hose and a connector. When winterizing I would disconnect the water line from the water pump’s intake side hook up my winterizing hose to the intake and the other end into the antifreeze jug. When I was done I would disconnect my hose and reconnect the fresh water intake line. It’s much simpler than it might sound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0036 - Copy.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	93293

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
It may take up to 10 gallons of antifreeze if you pour it in the tank!
I did mine with 3 gallons thru the winterizing port.

You may not have one

I'll post a pic of the easily installed winterizing kit.
Figuring 8 to 10 gallons of antifreeze needed if you add to the fw tank, there is a considerable saving using the antifreeze adding system. All you need to do is add a 3 way valve and a couple feet of hose. I've added a photo to show you. I buy my antifreeze at a local Home Depot.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/DOW-South-Win-RV-Antifreeze-with-DOWFROST-147005/202530435

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4H8A5621.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	282.8 KB
ID:	93295   Click image for larger version

Name:	4H8A5627.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	93296  
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #25

I have owned many campers and boats and I have always put about 3 or 4 gallons of the pink stuff in the fresh water holding tank. That is enough to fill all the lines and faucets. I also dump some into the toilet and all the traps. In spring just a good fresh water rinse out and you are good to go. I usually put some bleach mixed with water into the fresh water tank to sterilize too. I have never had one problem doing it that way.

Larry W8PO & Lori N8IHJ and Louie the wonder dog
2014 Surveyor Cadet 265RLDS
2015 GMC Denali HD
Ham Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Camper View Post
I have owned many campers and boats and I have always put about 3 or 4 gallons of the pink stuff in the fresh water holding tank. That is enough to fill all the lines and faucets. I also dump some into the toilet and all the traps. In spring just a good fresh water rinse out and you are good to go. I usually put some bleach mixed with water into the fresh water tank to sterilize too. I have never had one problem doing it that way.
But why when you don't need to?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Here’s what I used for my first two fifth wheels (8 seasons). All you need is a length of RV hose and a connector. When winterizing I would disconnect the water line from the water pump’s intake side hook up my winterizing hose to the intake and the other end into the antifreeze jug. When I was done I would disconnect my hose and reconnect the fresh water intake line. It’s much simpler than it might sound.

Attachment 93293
It can be any old hose, don't need to be fw hose. You are adding antifreeze and not going to drink it.

In the photos I posted I used a piece of fw drinking hose because I use it in a 5 gallon jug for emergency water when needed. Put hose in jug, switch valve and turn on the pump. I now have 5 gallons of fresh water.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:14 AM   #28
Pockets

I use the attached checklist for winterizing my TT which has an RV AF port beside the city water connection. Just tick off the items in order and you will have everything covered. I don't have a compressor so blowing out the lines with air is not doable for me. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: docx Winterizing Process for Flagstaff 26RBSS.docx (15.7 KB, 64 views)
3.5L Ecoboost, 3:73 axle, Max Tow Pkg 2015(36 nights) 2016(74 nights) 2017(174 nights) 2018(157 nights) 2019(79 nights) 2020(108 nights)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antifreeze, winter