Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2017, 06:52 PM   #1

winterizing wildwood xlite 230bhxl

so I understand the basic process for the anti freeze, but am unsure what pump to get the antifreeze into the lines. Is it the pump switch as if I was using the water holding tank?

Love the camper but wish there were more details in how to do everything.
mlrxaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:57 PM   #2

Check with your dealer. There is probably a special fixture to put antifreeze into the water lines. Personally, I just drain them using the low point drains, with all of the faucets open, and water heater drained. Then using a special fitting from the dealer, I push compressed air through the system to get any remaining water out.
That way I don't have to flush the antifreeze out in the spring. Just my preference.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrxaide View Post
so I understand the basic process for the anti freeze, but am unsure what pump to get the antifreeze into the lines. Is it the pump switch as if I was using the water holding tank?

I am not familiar with your model. But if you locate your pump, there may be a valve with a rubber tube attached. Turn the valve and suck from the antifreeze bottle instead of the tank. If you don't have the bypass valve they can be purchased and easily installed. Make sure to bypass and drain hot water tank as well.
Wxbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:01 PM   #4

I have worked on some leaking plumbing fittings on my 230 BHXL and in the process found that the lines pretty much slope back from the kitchen sink to the low point drains and the same from left to right in the back from the water heater.

So if you can get the camper sloped even slightly towards the rear right corner and open the low point drains you will get almost all the water out. Then you can just use the compressed air method to be sure you got the last of it out. Dont forget to drain the water heater and put some antifreeze in your p-traps and you are good to go.
Fargo, ND
Hekdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrxaide View Post

Best suggestion I can give is for you to goggle "YouTube" and type in, and view, the RV Winterization Videos. A lot of good helpful videos there. It will show different procedures and you will be all the more confident when doing your own.

Also, there is the CAMCO Winterization Kit that can be installed. Many videos will show and mention this little gem. This is a great mod....and a time saver as well, once installed.
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #6

We spent a lot of time with a tech on the phone last night who was very thorough with specifics on where and how we can get anti-freeze into the unit. Checking with the dealer we bought unit from was a waste of time. Horrible customer service at dealer once we bought unit, but that's for another day. Any other suggestions, mods, or anything you've done with your unit? Doesn't seem like that many people have purchased this model, but we love it, except for a slide leak when the unit is closed.
mlrxaide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, wildwood, winter