Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #11

Quote:
...ng2951, do you have any Pics of your DIY external tank project?...
Besides what is on the page, the hardest part I had to locate were the 1/4" brass fuel Ts and elbows. You would thing those are hard to find but most places have the plastic goobers and I wanted brass.

You can get the fuel caps from from Wise. Walmart, sporting goods, and many boat places have everything else.

I prefer the boat fittings. If you use stiffer fuel hose, you won't have too many problems with the hoses kinking.

Another tip from someone who actually bought the product from Wise. The tanks on Hondas should be full when priming the system. It does not work well with half full tanks on the Hondas.

Once the tanks are full, then start priming the hoses. I clamp off each one as I pump fuel from the boat tank to the genset tank. Once they are all full, they seem to work quite well.

Herk, I would love the see that 50 amp setup work. Has oanyone tried it?

'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #12

Got my 2 Honda 2000's in today! Was surprised they didn't include a bottle of oil to get you going. So off to Walmart I go. What oil should I run for the first time in it? Because of the heat here in AZ was thinking the 30?? Any suggestions? Thanks..

Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Got my 2 Honda 2000's in today! Was surprised they didn't include a bottle of oil to get you going. So off to Walmart I go. What oil should I run for the first time in it? Because of the heat here in AZ was thinking the 30?? Any suggestions? Thanks..
The manual on my 3000 states either sae 30 or 10-30.

I would spend the few extra bucks and run synthetic. IMO

http://rvpdi.com
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #14

@ Acableguy06, I agree 100%, I just remember reading somewhere for a break in unless it called for it one shouldn't use synthetic oil for break ins??? But was leaning toward the SAE 30 for where I live. Thanks....
Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #15

Bought my twins at the end of last season have not used them yet.
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #16

Just purchased the dual 2000 Honda set up on Craigslist from an rv'er that had never started one and the other had 6 hrs. on it. You can get some really great deals if you are willing to be patient. They both start on the second pull and you will forget they are running they are so quiet. Great set up. And, like you I was looking at the same three options that you are---I am brand new to all of this.
On that note, I need some help. I am able to post a reply to your question, but I have a question and don't have enough computer sense to know how to post my question. Would someone please take a moment and tell me how to post a question---Many thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #17

Quail go to the topic you wish to post abouts proper Forum for it's subject matter. On the main page of the forum that lists all the thread topics you will see the tab "New Thread" click it and your off to the races.
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #18

see the green tab?
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
Old 09-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #19

Sorry its taken so long to post but i wanted to get a good season of test on my new Gens. Well I ended up going with the Honda EU2000i companion generators. After a summer of use running the A/C I couldn't be happier. The weight of the 2 individual gens is so much easier to manage. Gonna definitely invest in an auxiliary fuel tank. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #20

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Ok, I finally have $$$$ saved up to get a good generator and based on all of the recommendations it has come down to these three. Yamaha EF3000iSE vs. Honda eu2000i-companion (2) vs. Honda eu3000is. I would really like to get some input from those that have these particular models and why you chose the one you have. Likes and dislikes and would you do it differently. I will say I'm leaning towards the (2) eu2000i. Any advice would great!! Thanks
Stood in your shoes one time before. Maybe I can give you some good words of advice from my experiences. They are both great generators, in the end I either of them would be a great investment. However, they do have their diffeerences/benefits. Some, if at all, of these will be slightly stressful or a slight pain in the long run with your generator.

I'll just cover the top three thing that a buyer should know when purchasing one of these generators. #1 the noise. Yamaha generators can get slightly loulder than a Honda. #2 the fuel gauge. Yamaha generator have a gauge for you to check your gas level, Honda doesn't so prepare to either put on some gloves or get gas on your fingers. #3 the warranty. This is one that many are not aware of the honda warranty only last for 2 years, while on average their battery life last 4 to 5 years. Yamaha's warranty last for up to 6 years. And I quote this from a trusted Yamaha dealer that their battery life double the Honda.

Click here to check out a pretty good website I found that gives a more detailed comparison between the two of them. I have experience with both of them, and don't have much negative to say about either. But, if I had to make a choice I'd get another Yammy!