Old 03-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
Leaking Shower....

So we took our new work and play out last week for the first time. Everything seemed to work okay for the trip out. The unit hauled okay, although I think I am in the market for a bigger truck as my 2006 Tundra was probably at the end of it's towing limit.

We got to the campsite got everything set up and hooked up. Everything worked okay except the shower. I did notice a leak. it was a small leak around the base of the shower. So I cleaned up the water thinking maybe it just leaked while I was showering. However, the next morning when I woke up there was a small amount of water on the floor at the base of the shower.... Not sure why its doing that. We are going to take it out camping again the last weekend of the month if it does it again we will be taking it back to the dealer to find out what the heck is going on. All in all I am pretty happy with the unit so far, we will see about the leak! The drop down bed wasn't very comfortable... may have to look at a new mattress for that too.

skydiverchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Plain Old Member
Not sure how yours is set up, but might want to check the fittings behind the shower faucet. Most are somewhat easy to get to whether it be unscrew the contraption from the shower side, or access from the back. In our case, I measured a dozen times, and cut and installed an access panel to get to the back of the shower. Ours was leaking from those fittings, but I caught it before any damage was done. Might want to investigate further, quicker before any damage is done.

John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-7 / Little John-5 / Iva-1
Full Timing Again, Rev B
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
We had problems with water getting under the track then dripping on the floor. The track was not caulked well on the ends. Used silicon to caulk then sprayed with flex seal clear, no more water under track or on floor.
Bob & Sharon, "15 Cedar Creek 38CK Custom, '13 RAM 3500 Laramie, 4x4, LB, CC, DRW 6.7 Cummins HO, Aisin 4.10"

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
We own a 2013 25UDT WorknPlay and it became very noticeable after a couple of camping trips if the unit was not level or slightly pitched forward, after using the shower, water would drain from the lip of the shower pan on to the floor outside of the shower pan creating the appearance of a more serious water leak concern.
2008 Ford F250 6.4 TD
2008 22' Pathfinder Bay Boat
2009 HD FLHX Streetglide
2013 Work&Play 25 UDT
TBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
I have a problem with water leaking out where the bottom track sits on the shower base pan on my Georgetown 378. I've read all the discussions on the FR forums and will test by spraying soapy water and blowing compressed air along the track to see where the bubbles form. I've already re-caulked all inside seams, but some of the posts appear to suggest that any caulking should be done on the outside, not the inside of the shower. Am I reading this right? No factory caulking at all on the outside.
2007 Georgetown 378
2011 Cadillac SRX toad
Only downside to travelling is missing the grandkids!

PaulK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
itch'n to road trip
We too have leaks in our shower. Its the pipe fittings and drain fittings. The unit has been back to the dealer TWICE for the same problem... not to mention MANY other issues we have had with our unit.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga. -
Nights camped Not Enough 2014: 8 2015: 2
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:39 PM   #7
We had had two different leaks with our shower. The first came to notice the very first time we used the trailer. Water leaked from underneath the door track and then to the outside of the shower. I ended up re-caulking the bead around the entire inside edge of the door frame and then in the corners inside the frame for the sliding door after finding a gap of about 5mm at either end before it met the uprights. If you try this, make sure you work the sealant right into these corners.

Our second leak came after the fittings under the shower trap must have vibrated loose on a long drive home. Here, I went in through the access panel and tightened up the joints. So far this seems to be holding too.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
With a F350 dually
2014 29nights and far

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, show, shower