Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #1

Less than a week and broke!

So I picked up our new 23 foot work and play last saturday. Drove it home and parked it. I'm pulling it with my 06 toyota tundra and felt like it needed the anti-sway package. So I went and picked it up and brought it back to La Mesa in Sanford.... (The poor customer service there is a conversation for another rant) I left my truck and the unit there so they could install everything.... anyway I called 4 hours later to see if my unit was ready and the advisor said "yes it is but did you know your jack is broke" I said no I used it this morning to attach the unit to the truck and it worked fine. His response "well I don't know what happened but apparently the only thing holding it up was the safety chains and when we took them off the jack fell to the ground the gears in the motor must have broke... My response was well the unit is less than 7 days old what are you going to do about it. He said "well I guess I can call and see what they want to do about it as it is under warrantee... My question, why the hell haven't you already done that given that you knew 3 hours ago it was broke.

So an hour later, I show up at the dealer because they haven't called back and I was told, we have a jack here from the same manufacturer but it's better than what you have on there so they won't let us put it on. We'll order yours and call you when it comes in. My response was first off that bull **** and second how am I to get the unit disconnected from my truck their response well just go buy a bumper jack and use blocks to support it. My response was give me my money back. Their response,,,, let us look around and see if we can find you another jack... Anyway long story short the found a new jack not sure where they got it as it wasn't the same as the original and an hour later I was on my way.... I hope this isn't indicative of whats to come.

On another note. I like the anti-sway and weigh distribution system, it seems to work better....
skydiverchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:59 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Sounds like a way to drive customers away. Many years ago I fixed Stereo Equipment. A roll of paper towels and Window taking 2 minutes to clean a unit made a huge difference when you told them the cost. I can not see why the dealer just wouldn't replace the jack with the better one and eat the cost, can not see it costing that much, maybe $30??

Customer service.. Build the relationship not the wall to block future purchases.

B
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
We have had MANT issues with our 2014 WP25ula.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:12 AM   #4

Sounds like someone DROVE it with the jack down but lacked the integrity to SAY THEY DID IT! I run an auto repair business. Integrity is EVERYTHING.
jasonTDI is offline   Reply With Quote