Old 12-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #21

More pics of the vent cover replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	44078   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	44079   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	44080   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	44081   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 5.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	44082  

Old 12-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #22

So with $55.00 in (3) covers, and $2.97 for (1) broken cabinet door hinge, everything that was broken or inoperable on the rig has been repaired. I'll have to wait for warmer weather to check out the plumbing. Next we will deep clean the inside, and hope for a break in the weather to shine and buff the exterior!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #23

Is that a EPDM Membrane roof? Kinda looks like it in the pics (or maybe it is just snow covering the aluminum) - something we never see in south Louisiana. One of the trademarks of the "Work & Play" trailers is that they are constructed with a single sheet of aluminum sheeting with minimal seams (at sides for transition to walls). But a 34 is a long roof it may have a seam connecting 2 sheets to cover full length.
My previous 2 trailers had EPDM roofs and one leaked, I swore that would be my last one like that. One of the reasons I wanted a W&P was to get a solid one piece aluminum roof.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #24

OK... I will say it. I have a goose neck adapter on my 5er. I cannot wait to finish my install of the 5th wheel set up...OK I guess i can it has been 2 months and never finished the install... long story with bed removal and age of installer, but i would definitely GO for the 5th wheel. Frame crack issues and looking at the geometry of the 5th conversion and the stress it "appears" to do. I an nervous about it when I even think about pulling. My .02
Old 12-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #25

OHHHH and welcome to the forum from Arkansas!!!

Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #26

Good luck with your 34RL. I have a 2008 34 FK I purchased 6 months ago. I live in it full time and didn't notice any leaks even during storms. HOWEVER:
I have now discovered 2 48"x24" rotted wall sections in the garage area starting at the ceiling. The way to test it is easy. Take a hammer and tap the inside wall close to the roof, the soft areas if there are any will be obvious. Check the entire length of the trailer even in the cabinets. If you find any go down the wall to see how bad it is. The way the roof meets the wall is the culprit. The walls have Gel coated fibreglass on the outside and a thin layer of clear fibreglass inside. The water soaks the plywood in between and sits and rots. You don't know it until it is too late. PM me if you need to and I will tell you how I am repairing mine..
Old 12-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
Is that a EPDM Membrane roof? Kinda looks like it in the pics (or maybe it is just snow covering the aluminum) - something we never see in south Louisiana. One of the trademarks of the "Work & Play" trailers is that they are constructed with a single sheet of aluminum sheeting with minimal seams (at sides for transition to walls). But a 34 is a long roof it may have a seam connecting 2 sheets to cover full length.
My previous 2 trailers had EPDM roofs and one leaked, I swore that would be my last one like that. One of the reasons I wanted a W&P was to get a solid one piece aluminum roof.
Roof is aluminum, (1) full sheet. It's just the snow that makes it look different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
OK... I will say it. I have a goose neck adapter on my 5er. I cannot wait to finish my install of the 5th wheel set up...OK I guess i can it has been 2 months and never finished the install... long story with bed removal and age of installer, but i would definitely GO for the 5th wheel. Frame crack issues and looking at the geometry of the 5th conversion and the stress it "appears" to do. I an nervous about it when I even think about pulling. My .02
I've done a lot of reading about the goose neck conversion. I have yet to see a documented case of frame cracking? It seems to be some sort of internet hype? That one is the Anderson, rated for 16k lbs, GVRW is 14,230lbs for my 34RL. I'm gonna go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerjf View Post
Good luck with your 34RL. I have a 2008 34 FK I purchased 6 months ago. I live in it full time and didn't notice any leaks even during storms. HOWEVER:
I have now discovered 2 48"x24" rotted wall sections in the garage area starting at the ceiling. The way to test it is easy. Take a hammer and tap the inside wall close to the roof, the soft areas if there are any will be obvious. Check the entire length of the trailer even in the cabinets. If you find any go down the wall to see how bad it is. The way the roof meets the wall is the culprit. The walls have Gel coated fibreglass on the outside and a thin layer of clear fibreglass inside. The water soaks the plywood in between and sits and rots. You don't know it until it is too late. PM me if you need to and I will tell you how I am repairing mine..
Thanks for the heads up, I have looked the rig over quite a bit, but not as much in the garage area. The damage to mine seems to be from excess heat, judging by the faded paint, and melted vent covers?

Some of the paper covering on the ceiling panels has released, but no evidence of moisture at all? Just looks like the glue gave up, from excess heat.

It looks like it was parked, closed up and abandoned? But for the amount I paid for it, I'm OK with a little sweat equity.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyerjf View Post
I have now discovered 2 48"x24" rotted wall sections in the garage area starting at the ceiling. The way to test it is easy. Take a hammer and tap the inside wall close to the roof, the soft areas if there are any will be obvious. Check the entire length of the trailer even in the cabinets.
Merry Christmas!

Well I did the hammer test yesterday, I couldn't rest until I did. Good news, No loose or weak areas were found. The interior paneling is loose in a couple of areas, but the walls are stiff, firm and sound.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 036.6turbo View Post
More pics of the vent cover replacement.
Now to (Finish the Job) go buy (3) Max Air Vent covers. They come in diff colors & will outlast your (lids). Read up on them,they should be (Standard) on all units! PS throw the wood boxes away. Youroo!!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Now to (Finish the Job) go buy (3) Max Air Vent covers. They come in diff colors & will outlast your (lids). Read up on them,they should be (Standard) on all units! PS throw the wood boxes away. Youroo!!
Will do (read up, that is). The boxes have already been burned! We had an ice storm here, I had a lot of down limbs, big bonfire, boxes went right on top!

Tags
work and play