Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
Well heck, it looks ALOT better!! How long till you take her out?

Thanks.

First planned trip is 6/29 weekend to Marquette Mich. (Loose Moose national enduro.)

Then to Mayville New York for the 4th of july week. (Family trip.)

Old 04-30-2014, 11:19 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 036.6turbo View Post
Thanks.

First planned trip is 6/29 weekend to Marquette Mich. (Loose Moose national enduro.)

Then to Mayville New York for the 4th of july week. (Family trip.)

Be sure to grease the wheel bearings before you take a long ride (not knowing the history on it) you should have the little rubber caps on the spindles that cover a normal zerk type grease fitting.

I just took mine out for a week long trip to Florida, all went well, got a little over 14 mpg (kept her at 65 most of the trip). But I still haven't hauled bikes yet

Got a race about 2 hours from home this weekend.
http://www.seraracing.com

Keep us posted on the progress.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduroRdr View Post
Be sure to grease the wheel bearings before you take a long ride (not knowing the history on it) you should have the little rubber caps on the spindles that cover a normal zerk type grease fitting.

I just took mine out for a week long trip to Florida, all went well, got a little over 14 mpg (kept her at 65 most of the trip). But I still haven't hauled bikes yet

Got a race about 2 hours from home this weekend.
Seraracing

Keep us posted on the progress.
Good luck this weekend! Be safe and have fun.

This may sound a little goofy, but I'm contemplating taking the W&P to move my son home from school next week. He has a rather large toolbox, that has to come home, and the ramp door on the W&P might make that move a little easier? It's about a 280 mile round trip, no over night stay, but might be a good shake down run?
He tools are not the only things that need to come home, I sure some of you have been down this road, move them to school in the fall, home in the spring etc.etc.

The W&P would be overkill, but I may just do it. I have not installed the airbags on my truck yet, but that looks like a (1) evening job.
(Oh and only the toolbox he's leaning on are his, the other (2) are mine.)

Old 05-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #44
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Good luck this weekend! Be safe and have fun.

This may sound a little goofy, but I'm contemplating taking the W&P to move my son home from school next week. He has a rather large toolbox, that has to come home, and the ramp door on the W&P might make that move a little easier? It's about a 280 mile round trip, no over night stay, but might be a good shake down run?
He tools are not the only things that need to come home, I sure some of you have been down this road, move them to school in the fall, home in the spring etc.etc.

The W&P would be overkill, but I may just do it. I have not installed the airbags on my truck yet, but that looks like a (1) evening job.
(Oh and only the toolbox he's leaning on are his, the other (2) are mine.)

Nice! I am about to be doing the move'm to n back thing. When DS is in school,he can get 50% off snap on and matco,products. Trying to figure how to best take advantage of this perk, and still pay for school. Know he will need many tools.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
Nice! I am about to be doing the move'm to n back thing. When DS is in school,he can get 50% off snap on and matco,products. Trying to figure how to best take advantage of this perk, and still pay for school. Know he will need many tools.
Yeah, my boy is finishing his third year at Ferris.

Same types of discounts, but we found most of his stuff on CL, mostly Craftsman stuff.

Those tool boxes came from here;
https://www.strictlytoolboxes.com/
Old 05-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #46

almost 300 miles, plus loading up, you might want to bring the sleeping bags too (just in case) LOL!

Oh yea - the Ride-Rite instructions said approximately 2 hours to install - I took 4, but then Im a little anal on making sure things are right, and rotate the tires, and changed the oil - Dang, no wonder it took me 4 hours -
Old 05-02-2014, 06:31 AM   #47

Quote:
almost 300 miles, plus loading up, you might want to bring the sleeping bags too (just in case) LOL!

Oh yea - the Ride-Rite instructions said approximately 2 hours to install - I took 4, but then Im a little anal on making sure things are right, and rotate the tires, and changed the oil - Dang, no wonder it took me 4 hours -
As usual, I only had a few minutes to spend in the shop last night, so I just "pre-assembled" the bags / cups / brackets. Reviewed the install instructions.

Hopefully finish those tonight?

I had checked the build sheet on my truck, saw it had the extra trailer wire package option from the factory. Fished around until I found it bundled up on top of the fuel tank. So now I need to install a (7) wire plug, in the bed of the truck. I'm thinking just behind the left wheel well?

That sound right?

Small thing, I know. But when your drilling with a hole saw through the bed of the truck, you kinda want to measure twice, drill once!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #48

Quote:

I had checked the build sheet on my truck, saw it had the extra trailer wire package option from the factory. Fished around until I found it bundled up on top of the fuel tank. So now I need to install a (7) wire plug, in the bed of the truck. I'm thinking just behind the left wheel well?

That sound right?
I have mine in that exact place, behind the wheel well on driver side of truck bed.
But I also have one by license plate because my other trailers were bumper pulls. So if your truck already has the rear one you could use it in a pinch - I have seen others that dangle the cord over the back of the tail gate but I didn't like that idea - I prefer to have it coiled up in the bed less chance of it getting hung up on something.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #49

Quote:
I have mine in that exact place, behind the wheel well on driver side of truck bed.
But I also have one by license plate because my other trailers were bumper pulls. So if your truck already has the rear one you could use it in a pinch - I have seen others that dangle the cord over the back of the tail gate but I didn't like that idea - I prefer to have it coiled up in the bed less chance of it getting hung up on something.
Yeah, that how I hauled it home, but having that pigtail hanging behind the tailgate / bumper just did not give me a real warm fuzzy feeling.

REALLY do not want to risk losing the trailer brakes and find out the hard way.

If you know what I mean.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #50

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1399433302.094620.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	51893
That was at the weight station when I left town.
Currently dry camping at the Walmart in Big Rapids. Trip up was un eventful, truck handled the unit great. I'm very happy with it overall.

Tags
work and play