Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #1

Work And Play Tongue Boxes

I need to redo my tongue situation. Anybody got tongue boxes mounted to the tongue or under mount truck boxes mounted to the sides of the tongue? I'd like to see pictures. Thanks! The tongue will handle it because they mount a 4000w gen on the tongue as an option. All I want to do is use the boxes for putting my hoses, blocks and crap in.
wheeler34man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I have a tool box mounted on the tongue of my WNP LT18. It is a box designed to go in bed of a pick-up, flat on the floor. It has an offset hinge door so it can mounted flush to a wall. I cut some 1/2 inch marine plywood the same size as the bottom, and put down first. Then the box, and bolted it through the bottom. two bolts per side. Used a piece of flat metal under the tongue rails and put the bolts through that. Sorry for the poor description. I will try and get some pics later if you want them. I looked at "tongue" boxes, but opted for regular 4 foot wide box, due to price, cheaper, and a the WNP tongue is configured differently so a tongue box was going to look weird. By the way, welcome, and you and I are for all there is for WNP models.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #3

Yes if you could take pics that would be great. Thanks for the welcome. I'm about 30 miles south of Seattle, WA.
wheeler34man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, here is my album of my tongue box pics. Thought it better to do it this way;

Forest River Forums - windrider's Album: Work n Play 18LT Tongue Box

You can private mail with any questions if needed.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
By the way, welcome, and you and I are for all there is for WNP models.
Make that three of us.

I too have a standard pickup bed tool box mounted to the tongue of my WnP LT-18. Works great for storing all those "outside" things, hoses, power cords, jacks, blocks, etc.

Other than the fact that the Work and Play is itself a big box, the one thing that it is lacking is storage space. In addition to the tongue box, I converted the wardrobe to storage by adding shelves, and also added shelves along both sides about 14" down from the ceiling. My long term plan is to build a custom tongue box with compartments for the various items, including a place to store the 1000w Honda.

Chuck
ocm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #6

I see that his thread is a few months old but thought I would add a picture of my tongue box. It's made by Delta and fits perfectly on the gen rack for the 30WR... It is tapred at 48" rear width 25" front width 21" deep and 20 " high. I have since turned it into a battery box for four 12v deep cycle batteries. I created a shelf over the batteries and am still able to store 50amp and 30amp cables and water hoses. http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...ryBox003-1.jpg
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote