Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #11
The vents I mentioned putting the foam in were the air vents, not the A/C vents. We have two of them about 12 inches square. One in the Living area ceiling and one in the bedroom. You close the vents and stuff the foam up in them from the inside.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2014 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #12
Smile Getting Ready for our first Trip!

We're still learning ALL the things about our (new to us) 2006 Flagstaff 27BHSS. We're planning on taking a small trip next week and still have a few questions that maybe you guys can help us with. As mentioned before, we have no owners manuals to refer to. We have a Dometic refrigerator/freezer. The freezer seems to get really cold. However, I'm not certain about the refrigerator staying cold enough for our food. I do not see a way to adjust the temperature. And what exactly should the temperature be to keep food from spoiling? Also, we've noticed a few wasps in the interior. Thinking maybe they are coming in through the outside vents for the refrigerator. Any advise on successful ways to keep them out? And finally (for now), my husband noticed that there was water that had been sitting in the freshwater tank whenever we bought it from the previous owners. We are not sure how long the water has been sitting in the tank. Is there a safe way to sanitize the tank before we use it? My husband, Kevin, is not computer savvy at all! So I'm the go between! Thank you all in advance for any help you can give!

2Barnetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #13
daydreaming about camping
how to sanitize:,d.eWU

for the wasps, they most likely have a nest in the heater flu:
How to Clean RV Furnace Vents | eHow

On most dometic firdge models there is a slider on the last fin to the right, up is colder, down is warmer.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote