Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #1

1st Time RVer, ordered 2012 26FKWS (old 26FKSS)

Hello, we are 1st time RVers and we just ordered a 2012 26FKWS which is replacing the earlier 2011 26FKSS. Effective 0ct 1 they are adding a wardrobe slide to the 26FKSS and renaming it a 26FKWS. We have a 2006 Nissan Titan with 7,400 lb tow capicity. and the trailer is supposed to have a dry weight of 5,323 lbs and gross weight of 6,691 lbs. I had them call and see how much weight new wardrobe slide adds and they were told 200lbs. Since bedroom is in the rear it may reduce my tongue weight a tiny bit. Just my wife and I and most of our trips will be less then 200 miles away. We are planning on ordering 1000/10000lb Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy P3 Brake Controller and McKesh Mirrors. Does it sound like we are on the right track? Any words of wisdom?
mwhittak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhittak View Post
Hello, we are 1st time RVers and we just ordered a 2012 26FKWS which is replacing the earlier 2011 26FKSS. Effective 0ct 1 they are adding a wardrobe slide to the 26FKSS and renaming it a 26FKWS. We have a 2006 Nissan Titan with 7,400 lb tow capicity. and the trailer is supposed to have a dry weight of 5,323 lbs and gross weight of 6,691 lbs. I had them call and see how much weight new wardrobe slide adds and they were told 200lbs. Since bedroom is in the rear it may reduce my tongue weight a tiny bit. Just my wife and I and most of our trips will be less then 200 miles away. We are planning on ordering 1000/10000lb Equalizer Hitch, Prodigy P3 Brake Controller and McKesh Mirrors. Does it sound like we are on the right track? Any words of wisdom?
Sounds like you're pretty close to maxing out your TV but as long as you have a good WDH with some sort of sway control and you don't plan on cross country trips through the mountains you should be alright.

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback.

Should be no problem on weight, Since it is only my wife and I, we will only probably have roughly 600lbs of stuff or so, which would put me just over 6,000. Still leaving me 690 lbs on trailer capacity and 1,400 lbs available on TV capacity, which I would never need to exceed. The Titan has a 5.6L and while my particular gear ratio can only tow 7,400, the tranny, suspension, axle and frame are identical to the lower gear ratio models that can tow 9,400 (While I do wish I had the lower gears I should not need them). I ordered my hitch, controller, and mirrors so now I just need to wait for everything to come in and for the trailer to arrive.

Thanks Again
mwhittak is offline   Reply With Quote