Old 07-30-2016, 08:14 AM   #1

1st year factory warranty still in effect!

I bought my 5th wheel in Florida on September 27th but am in the Northeast for the summer. I need work on one issue. Where can I go to get the work done? The local dealer I called said he would not do the work because I didn't buy it there. That is bullsh... What can I do?

Old 07-30-2016, 08:29 AM   #2

Yes them not working on it might be BS. But it is a common scenario.

What I would try is to call the factory and explain your situation. Try to get something in writing from them that they will cover that one issue after you get it to your dealer after warrantee is out.

If that don't work I'm sure factory will have a suggestion for you. Maybe a mobile tech ?

Good luck.

Russell

Old 07-30-2016, 08:32 AM   #3

Thanks Russell. I will try that Monday. What department should I call?
Old 07-30-2016, 08:39 AM   #4

Even tho this is a common practice some dealers will work with you knowing you are traveling, also as stated a mobile tech to do the repair, we had that happen with our Cedar Creek, called them and they recommended one, we had to pay the service fee of them coming to us but Forest River covered the repair. Good luck hope it works out for you.
Old 07-30-2016, 08:43 AM   #5

Contact,Flagstaff Warr.Dept,they will supply you with a Repair PO#,secure a Repair,then F/R Flagstaff will reimburse YOU! You Must have "Prior Approval" with the Repair PO from F/R Flagstaff"! You will pay for the Repair,and F/R will Reimburse You! It is a Travel Trailer used for" Travel " Buy Local is only good if you Stay LOCAL"! Youroo!!
Old 08-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #6

Where in the Northeast? Pete's RV in S. Burlington, Vermont is excellent and they have no problem working on RV's that weren't purchased there.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OswegoLion View Post
in the Northeast for the summer.
The Forest River customer service rep we dealt with said the east coast is the worst when it comes to dealerships that refuse to work on warranty issues for non purchasers. I suppose I can understand them being tired of locals buying online and then expecting service from a local Brick and Mortar establishment but not helping out of travelers. That's a different story.

Have you tried to see about getting pre-approved for the repairs and then looking for a mobile service?
Old 08-02-2016, 08:53 AM   #8

Just another example

Just another example of the great customer service you can expect from Forest River dealers. If they are allowed to sell them, they should be required to service them under warranty. It is a Forest River warranty, not an extended Good Sam or any other third party. You don't fix 'em - you don't sell them. Why they can't run RV service the same way as auto service is beyond me.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBBA11043 View Post
Just another example of the great customer service you can expect from Forest River dealers. If they are allowed to sell them, they should be required to service them under warranty. It is a Forest River warranty, not an extended Good Sam or any other third party. You don't fix 'em - you don't sell them. Why they can't run RV service the same way as auto service is beyond me.
The answer is quite simple. the auto dealers are givin the cars to sell on a 90 day interest free loan, the RV dealer isn't and those RV's may sit on his lot a year before they finally sell.

Now if you were running a business where you were not given a float on your merchandise , that had warranties on them. Would you take back an item under warranty without a receipt from your store.

I can GARUNTEE DAT UZ WUDNT

Tags
factory, warranty