Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #1

2 Drain Valves....

We have a 2017 FR 524rlws 5th wheel. Was reading on a forum today that someone had a problem with black water coming out of their kitchen sink drain. Someone else replied that it was normal to have kitchen sink drain into black water tank. If I have 2 drain valves does that mean i have the same scenario ? Just curious but I think that would be ok because we would always dump our dirty kitchen sink water into toilet of our old camper to help fill it up more so we would have more pressure in tank when we dumped. I don't think we would have an issue because we typically only camp 3 nights.
2015 F150 , 5.0 , 3:55 axle
mikdor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #2

Not necessarily, no. You have two valves because of two tanks: a black tank for toilet and a gray tank for everything else (although as you've read that isn't an absolute). The black handle dumps your black tank and gray for the gray. It's most likely yours is plumbed normally.
Igave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, valve