Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
If you'e going to leave the heat on, better have a large gas bottle. That RV furnace can suck some propane. If you're sure the power is going to there, might need to think electric. Just some thoughts.

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou
We have the 2010 8526RLWS and my take on the reason for the tank heaters being just a heat mat glued to the bottom of the holding tanks is that nearly all of the actual plumbing is inside the camper/basement area that is normally heated (there is no insulation around the flex duct going to the front half of the camper). The tanks are outside the "normally heated" area so they could freeze up and not be able to be dumped.

If the rig is level, there should be no liquid downstream of the shutoff (dump) valves to freeze.

Be aware that the black water flush line is NOT heated in the tank area and may still have water in it.

Also not exactly sure where the fresh water tank is actually located. (not shown in photos I was sent).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Be aware that the black water flush line is NOT heated in the tank area and may still have water in it.
Black water flush lines have a check/vacuum breaker valve in them. When you disconnect the hose from the port, water should back flow out of the line emptying it up to that valve. Our valve is located in the W/D closet inside the motorhome so it is within a heated area. I would guess that most are made the same way for the same reason.
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #14
Found one Fuse - should there be 2?

I found one 30amp fuse in a green holder by the battery. It was good. Should I have found a 2nd fuse somewhere? The slide out makes a real slight sound when I push the switch - but then doesn't do anything. The sound only last about a second. Any other ideas before I have to haul the thing into the repair shop? Thanks again!
jrm02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:01 PM   #15
I would think if you only have one slide out, then there's only one fuse. Mine would not do anything when the button was pushed. And, as stated, mine is a TT, not a fiver. Totally electric motor driven slides, no hydraulics. Mine has 2 slide outs; hence 2 fuses. Hope this helps you! Randy

/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote

8528, flagstaff