Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Unhappy 2007 flagstaff 8528gtss 5th wheel

Well, if anyone has ever read one of my posts regarding my RV and it's problems since I first bought it, here's some more. I'll recap my previous posts: Since Sept 07, I have gone through 2 water pumps, 1 converter, Had the oven worked on and replaced the burner, frig was repaired due to not cooling, TV went out and the input cable had to be re-wired, the exterior front cap came apart and had to be repaired, 2 exterior vents had to be replace, the exterior vent for the stove had to be replace, screen door handle broke (twice) and replaced, exterior trim along the bottom of the slide out cracked and had to replace it. The Sub-woofer broke off it's supports ( when I took the panel off to get to the unit, I found that there was a small L bracked attached to the speaker with (one) small screw and it was not screwed down to the floor, just tucked in under the moulding of the entertainment center. also the bottom of the EC is against the wall of the storage area under the bedroom, but there was nothing separating the storage from the interior of the trailer so you could see right into the storage. I place a sheet of plywood to cover it. The bathroom faucets broke off, twice, went thru 2 sets of Carlile tires cuz of blowouts before dumping them and getting a good set of Dunams. Just got back from a weekend trip and the slideout mechanism broke and had to manually bring it in. Taking it to the dealer this week. Oh, forgot the nite/day shades keep snapping the string that hold them together. landing gear bolts fell off. Now if you are thinking that we are hard on our trailer that is not true, we take very good care of our things. We had a Fleetwood prowler since 93 and put about 35k miles on it before buying this 5er. The only thing I did to it was two sets of tires and a water pump. in 14 years. Could it be that quality and workmanship has gone by the wayside with FR? Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations. Happy camping.

TWO4THEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou
Must have been built on a Monday.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
Right ! Monday after ST. Patrick's day........or some sort of drinking holiday...
TWO4THEROAD is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel, 8528, flagstaff