Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #1

2008 27Bhss delam problems.

Is there Amy one our having delimitation problems with a 27BHSS?
hgodsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #2

Delamination

Our TT is a 21FB Micro Lite. Built in 2008 sold new as a 2009. We bought used. Very clean. Just noticed on back wall bubbles. Three. One about the size of your fist two running left to right about 6 to eight inches long and about two inches across. Just came up within the last three weeks. No sign of a leak. If you find any answers on an affordable way to deal with this problem please post.
helodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #3

Will do!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
New Flagstaff Owner

Just starting to notice what I think might be delaminating near the top forward corner of the slide on my 2008 27bhss. Any progress hgodsey? I will try to get some pics to post.
ddossey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #5

Have a 2008 829BHSS with delam problems. Had them repaired in 2009 and repairs are showing signs of cracking and new delam appearing. Taking to dealership this weekend and will see what they will do this time. They have 2 others going to factory to have the walls replaced. Hoping they will do the same for mine. We'll see.
craig_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #6

Keep us posted. Keeping a watch on my bubbles. They haven't spread.
helodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #7

Since the only fix I know of is complete wall replacement, it would be best to document everything, take pictures and then take the tt to your dealer. They will contact FR and see what they say. FR has been known to fix delam issues on units, even some that were out of warranty. At least give them the chance to say no.

Good luck.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #8

Tried that and they are sending to auto body shop again. Dealer says they spoke with FR and they will not fix the problem as trailer is past warranty. My biggest issue is that the problem was not corrected properly when it was on warranty. Not really sure if dealer even contacted FR or if they are yanking my chain. Seems like every time I am there I get the run-around. Am trying to contact FR customer service but so far they won't call back. Just got put through to voicemail.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #9

Update, TT came back from body shop, delam repaired, maybe? Now we can see where it was repaired but was told by dealer they were done with it and there is nothing they can do. Back to trying to get a hold of FR again.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #10

Mine was sent to the factory in September of last year. Roof right wall and rear was was replaced. Hope your issue is resolved!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #11

Did you have to pay for transport or repair costs?

Tags
27bhss